space
nature
god
the future
the past
psi powers
all kinds of fast moving vehicles
etc
(*hawkwind-style instrumentals also very welcome)

no song limit

new vids only, recorded for this season, please

season runs from start of sunday 31st march
to the end of sunday 7th april
(hawaii time)

my fave song will win a "uke ritual" t-shirt

uke%20ritual%20smaller%20still_zpsdhbozxqd.png

or

if you don't fancy a naked lady on your chest

a "ukulele on the edge of time" design

ukulele%20on%20the%20edge%20of%20time%20-%20smaller%20still_zpsphki0vwy.png

have fun

and rock on :rock:

PLAYLIST :rock:

Last edited:
I don’t know much about Hawkwind and Hawkwind songs, but I do know I LOOOOOVE that T-shirt and I will make it my life’s work to get my hands on it :drool:

:rock: i love hawkwind (obviously!!!) but i have to admit, i don't know all their songs - they've been going since the sixties, there are approximately a trillion albums, and roughly a gazillion songs, so, unlike in marc bolan week, where i wasn't expecting to hear any new (to me) songs (and was thrilled to hear trent bring one that i hadn't ever heard before), this week is gonna be a voyage of discovery for me too! and i can't wait! :rock:

ooh!! Love that art and the intro song.You should win your own T shirt! I had planned to have a few weeks off cause I was snowed under with life matters...but I'll have a go this week...not that I know any Hawkwind ditties.Not sure why they escaped my prog rock radar.
But I did do a quick search.And a heads up.If you search Acoustic Hawkwind some acoustic sets they've done come up.Might help in seeing how their songs translate from big productions down to SOTU friendly.

here's a good a-z list of hawkwind song titles, there's over 900 :eek:
https://www.famousfix.com/topic/hawkwind/songs

ultimate guitar website has chord sheets for for some of them...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/artist/hawkwind_5510

but the basic chord structure of hawkwind songs tends not to be over complicated.......... mmmmmmmmm i wonder why i love bringing them so much on uke???! :rolleyes: ............ for songs without any chords already online, you can run a youtube vid link for the song through the chordify website https://chordify.net/ ...with straightforward basically bluesy rock songs, like hawkwind do, it's normally easy to see the basic chord patterns in what chordify suggests - if you simplify everything down to a few repeating basic chords, you should be either spot on, or close enough for jazz, well, close enough for space rock! :rock:

You should win your own T shirt!
i'm wearing one as we speak! i wanted to see if the design would work, i had it printed up on a navy tee, and i like it! here's me wearing it, and plinking a quick wannabe-hawkwind-style noodle of a thing...

Sunrise, wrong side of another day. I think I cried a little when I saw this theme. Can not WAIT to see what folks do with it.
where is my violin.....

I will be spending most of today driving so won't be able to get in early like I prefer too. So I'm looking forward to bringing the 8th cover of Silver Machine tonight.

I shall be away most of next week. It's my father's funeral on Tuesday and it's at the other end of the country and I'm staying over to help my sister sort things out.

I shall be away most of next week. It's my father's funeral on Tuesday and it's at the other end of the country and I'm staying over to help my sister sort things out.

Sorry to read this mate. What a blessing to have your da for as long as you did. Bless up.

The only Hawkwind song I know is Quark Strangeness and Charm and I already
did it for season #117. I had a look at it again and the Einstein drawings on the
blackboard are a little bit of SOTU Uke history that I still find amusing to read.
Back in the day this would have been called a bonus.

take care of you Geoff. wishing you peace and love from joo and I down here in Tasmania.
The only Hawkwind song I know is Quark Strangeness and Charm and I already
did it for season #117. I had a look at it again and the Einstein drawings on the
blackboard are a little bit of SOTU Uke history that I still find amusing to read.
Back in the day this would have been called a bonus.
just recorded it Rob. never heard a single Hawkwind song before this afternoon.
they call me 'the butcher'... :p

thanks for hosting the week Lynda.
i confess to knowing nothing about Hawkwind until you posted the theme this morning.
hope I haven't totally wrecked this one for you mate.
i feel lots of originals might come this week. :)

I did this original.I wanted to call it "Out of the Silent Planet" but Iron maiden already had that title.By coincidence I'm reading C.S. Lewis's book at the moment.I think for the third time. So the song revolves around the protagonist Dr Ransom.Perfect book for the theme.That's me for the week.A challenging theme.Good on ya Lynda.

Light years from the planet I love
Universe pushes and shoves
Kidnapped in silver chains
England is gone, just space remains

I’ll speak your tongue that’s my way
I’ve a thousand words to call it a day

My captors claim their motives are pure
But morals are scant and home truths are fewer
In echoes I did hear their plan
I am the one , the sacrificial lamb
I am the one, the sacrificial lamb

They didn’t count on God in space