season 372 - uke ritual

I shall be away most of next week. It's my father's funeral on Tuesday and it's at the other end of the country and I'm staying over to help my sister sort things out.

Hoping all goes as well for you as it can, Geoff!

Well.....Guess what Hawkwind song I recorded last night folks! LOL I too know nothing of Hawkwind, or any of their songs, besides what Lynda has done here, so I found this one, listened to it twice, was amused, and turned the recorder on. This was my 2nd take, so this lacks the polish of the versions Rob and Jon have done, but I did have fun trying it.

Lemmy for sometime was the lead singer of Hawkwind and
it was during that time that he pondered the cosmic nature
of good and evil, and why were never seem to get what we want.
A WeeOriginal for the seasons.

Hello, Lynda! Er, well ... I've done something! It will be patently obvious to all concerned that I hadn't got the faintest idea just WHAT I was doing, but it was quite fun trying! I may attempt an original entitled "The Demented Woman".

oh my days, i didn't think hardly anyone was gonna turn up, i thought hawkwind was maybe too niche and/or out there and no one would feel like they wanted, or felt able, to leap in, but oh wow there are a gazillion songs already!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: i am thrilled!!!! there are so many that i can't catch all the way up right now! which is wonderful! i've watched, commented, and put songs on the playlist up to and including alan dp's "dangerous vision", i will catch up some more asap! this is so great, everyone, thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!

I hadn't got the faintest idea just WHAT I was doing, but it was quite fun trying!
:rock: this is the perfect motto for uke adventures into hawkwind-world!

i hope you do bring that original, val, you know i want that song sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!

and rob, thank you for bringing that old one of yours, i believe it was for max's fab sci-fi themed season 117. we seem to have a season theme song already, i thought it might be sliver machine, but it looks like it could be quark strangeness and charm! and oh look, bringing hawkwind and the mighty marc bolan together, here is the band performing that song on the marc show back in 1977...

thank you all for an AMAZING start to the season! you rock!!!!!!! :rock:

I've never listened to Hawkwind. I spent some time yesterday listening to sound clips and jotted down a few songs to try. By noon today, my two top choices had already been done. I'll probably still try "Dangerous Vision" later this week. So here's one from the Chronicles of the Black Sword album.

When I started playing uke about 18 months ago I made a deal with myself - to only play songs I liked or, preferably, loved. I’m not well acquainted with Hawkwind and it isn’t my favourite genre, which presents a problem for me. However - I did like the song that our glorious host played in the intro vid, and I suspect I like her version rather more than I would the original (which I confess I haven’t listened to!).

So this is my cover of Lynda’s cover of a Hawkwind song! And another thing - I couldn’t quite replicate the chords Lynda uses for the intro and outro - the open tuning she loves so dearly completely baffles me, in spite of her valiant attempts to explain it to me! So I’ve improvised a bit with those. And I’ve used some effects to give the whole thing a ‘heavier’ sound. And a drumbeat at what I suspect is a higher tempo than necessary but just felt right.

And one more thing - I thoroughly enjoyed doing this one! Thanks Lynda! :)

This is an instrumental based on a kind of "new-agey" instrumental titled "Tides" from their album The Xenon Codex.

There used to be a record store in San Marcos (Texas) called Sundance Records. After I became something of a regular there, I was once greeted upon entrance with, "Hey, it's the guy who buys all our Hawkwind records!"

Tracks in this one:
baritone acoustic/electric - 2
tenor acoustic/electric - 1
tenor electric - 2
All recorded through a Beringer USB audio interface, and various reverb effects added with Audacity. Plus a "waves crashing on beach" sound effect track from youtube's fx library.

So this is my cover of Lynda’s cover of a Hawkwind song!
:rock:

After I became something of a regular there, I was once greeted upon entrance with, "Hey, it's the guy who buys all our Hawkwind records!"
more :rock: !!!!!!

well i believe i'm up to date with viewing now - i knew i was looking forward to hearing awesome hawkwind and hawkwind-style songs and instrumentals brought on uke, but i had no idea just HOW utterly amazing everything was gonna sound! thank you all for the wonderful performances you're bringing. i said it before, and i say it again - you all really rock! :rock:

Chaotic improvisation for Roy Batty. Just about as weird and spacey as I can get, but don't push me.

This is a relatively recent Hawkwind song, released on an album in 2013. I did this in one take. I felt like Ryan for a second in the middle as I attempted a somewhat extended, by my standards, experimental instrumental jam, which I am not good at doing. lol

my entry for the Uke Ritual … Hawkwind's Lost Johnny from The Hall Of The Mountain Grill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sGljrWAKc

Welcome to the Seasons, CharleyB!
If you edit your post, click on the ‘filmstrip’ icon second from the right along the top of the edit window, and then paste your YouTube link in the box that appears, your YT preview will magically appear in your post. :)

Top Bottom