Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enya EUC-X1M Concert REVIEW

Default Enya EUC-X1M Concert REVIEW

Another Enya on the site - another HPL - their so called 'value' version of the X1
    https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/03/...le-review.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Very nice. I'm just wrapping up my review of the Enya KUC-20, their sapele laminate concert ukulele kit. I bought 10 of the KUC-20s as part of a grant that I won so that kids can take the ukuleles home. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have bought the X1M...but the KUC-20 has the nice hanging loop, which I really need for our rental ukulele storage solution. The X1M might be a bit more weather resistant...but the KUC-20 is also a great value. I will say that the KUC-20 has really thin laminate, and might be louder than the X1M. I might have to buy an X1M to do a side-by-side comparison.

I also feel like the Enya strings have improved since the EUR-X1. I could be wrong.

Right now this is the only Amazon-based product in the US that I can recommend knowing that the customer will get a ukulele that is well made and set-up well. Otherwise, I steer people (and students) to established ukulele vendors.

Another great review, Barry! As always, keep up the great work.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I wonder if Enya would be receptive to changing the bags on orders if you asked - surely wouldn't cost masses more, and you'd get the hook? I've found them pretty receptive.

RE the strings - their site definitely now mentions Aquila - this was loaned to me just before Christmas and came with another ukulele - we agreed this review would be spaced out from the first one because I don't like to do the same brand too close together. That was quite a while ago now, so they may well have changed since.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

The EUS-X1 I got earlier this month didn't mention Aquila. The extra set of strings is branded Enya (the packaging looks the same as the X1M's image on Amazon, which Amazon's description calls "Enya Carbon Fiber String"), and they're clear not white like the New Nylguts I have elsewhere. No idea if they're a different Aquila line, if they're putting Aquilas on some lines but not others, or if their pipeline's deep enough that mine predates a change even though I just got it. They sound fine enough to my ears that I haven't rushed to change them to the fifths set that I bought the ukekele for.

I'm not keen on the printed Koa pattern on the HPL - it doesn't quite look natural and slips a bit into the uncanny valley. I'd much prefer a plain solid colour that doesn't pretend to be wood, or make real use of the material and go crazy like Bonanza does (make mine Tutti Frutti!)

Dadgummit, I wish they had another dealer.
    I've boycotted amazon for years.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    You can take a chance and order from banggood.com
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    You can take a chance and order from banggood.com
    Thanks, I looked at the website. I'll pass.
    Guess I'll keep looking for a decent but cheap uke for my friend.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Was considering this last month but saw you had a review “coming soon” so I held off on the purchase. Well, I’ll have to change my signature shortly.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    The EUS-X1 I got earlier this month didn't mention Aquila. The extra set of strings is branded Enya (the packaging looks the same as the X1M's image on Amazon, which Amazon's description calls "Enya Carbon Fiber String"), and they're clear not white like the New Nylguts I have elsewhere. No idea if they're a different Aquila line, if they're putting Aquilas on some lines but not others, or if their pipeline's deep enough that mine predates a change even though I just got it. They sound fine enough to my ears that I haven't rushed to change them to the fifths set that I bought the ukekele for.
    No - what I mean is - the old stocks are clearly Enya strings, but on the new Amazon listings they definitely specify Aquila.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post

I believe if you contact Enya, they will sell direct. The ones on Amazon are not shipped by Amazon

Thread Information