Rant: active pickups

Thanks for letting me whine :)

You are all, of course, correct!

99% of the time I use the preamp it's just for the tuner. 82% of the time it's going into the looper pedal. 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. This weekend was the first time I've tried recording off of the pickup, and I didn't think to unplug before hanging up the night before. *grumph*

With the perfect storm of bad timing, my gig bag with spare batteries and iRig was at the office not home, and the giant Costco brick of 9Vs was gone. If I were thinking straight I probably could have cannibalized one from the mini-amp. A pre-amp isn't a bother to carry since I'd pretty much only use it at home. I do need to learn how to use the microphone, but so far my results have not been good.

I have a passive pickup for the uke I'm building, and the next uke I buy will likely have a MiSi (hon, in case you're listening: it's not currently on the radar).

Even with the MiSi, I have the charger in my gear bag just in case. Much easier to plug it in for one minute to recharge versus fiddle with a battery change.

I gave up on active pickups for passive ones and plug the instrument into my Behringer ADI 21

Top Bottom