Pono Limited Edition Master Tenor, Mahogany and Cedar, Comfort Edge, Sound Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Reaction score
Pono made very few of these Master Series, Limited Tenor Ukuleles. This one is nearly mint. The only signs of wear are some very small impressions on the top, near the first string. You have to angle the top in the light to find them and they did not show up in the pictures.

This ukulele has a slotted head, side sound port and comfort edge. It comes with the original case, (shown). The action is low. It is a very expressive and comfortable tenor, and easy playing with a radiused fingerboard.

The link below is the same model, but not the same instrument.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/ukul...n-master-series-cedar-top-mahogany-tenor.html

The price is $775.00 including fully insured shipping CONSUS. These were $1195.00 when they were available.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2840.jpg
    IMG_2840.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The link provided is with a Torrefied Spruce top. Your description is for a Cedar top. Am I correct?

I was fortunate enough to snag one of these. It is a fantastic tenor.

I like the slightly warmer sound of the cedar top with the mahogany body, compared to a spruce top. I think the projection is better than the solid mahogany.

The beveled comfort edge is a great feature. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but if you are playing in a short-sleeved shirt it really does keeps the edge from digging into your arm. The side sound port is a smaller size than many I have seen. To me it is just right in size. (The side port is much larger in a Kinnard Series2 and I think it's a bit too loud.) I put a sock in it (insert joke here) and the difference in sound volume for the player is quite noticeable.

The craftsmanship is top notch and the sound is wonderful. This is the ultimate Pono. I love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom