Worth CM v Living Waters concert size strings

natchez

Reaction score
Would anyone who has tried the two string sets above on a concert ukulele have an opinion to share? I have been using the Worth CM strings and the Living Waters seem to have the same gauge/specs in the concert size. Was wondering if it was worth (pun intended) ordering some Living Waters, or since they are both fluorocarbon and the same gauges not much in added value. Thanks for any feedback.

Warning: the following comment will be of no use to you.

The beauty of Living Water strings is that when I visit the website, I can hear Ken's voice in my head as I read the text. Quite remarkable, actually.

The beauty of Living Water strings is that when I visit the website, I can hear Ken's voice in my head as I read the text. Quite remarkable, actually.

I’ll second that.

I’ve played both and love both. I think the LW may be slightly quieter and cleaner than the Worths, which really project. I strum primarily and would imagine the Living Waters would be preferable if you finger pick. YMMV

Lol

I’ll second that.

I’ve played both and love both. I think the LW may be slightly quieter and cleaner than the Worths, which really project. I strum primarily and would imagine the Living Waters would be preferable if you finger pick. YMMV

Thanks, I strum and finger-pick. Plus, some chord melody. So, thanks for the input.

I like both of these brands a lot. But I'd have to say I prefer Worth. I mostly play fingerstyle.

It's a good question and I think both are great. I recently tried out a set of low g Living Waters strings on a new uke and I love them. I don't think you can lose with either but different strings do definitely suit different ukes but the availability does have an effect for me as well. It's harder to get Living Waters strings in Australia compared to local sellers of Worth strings.

I'm a big fan of Living Waters strings so they get my vote. They fit especially well with my KoAloha and Kanile'a concerts.

Also, you can order LW strings from Uke Republic so you don't have to wait for shipping from UK. I'm lucky enough to live relatively close to Uke Republic so I can just drive over and pick up a set if I really need them.

https://ukerepublic.bigcartel.com/product/living-water-ukulele-fluorocarbon-strings

I like Worth browns, but not clears. Love Living Water...

IMO, the Worth clears are brighter and edgier sounding and the Living Waters are more rounded and subdued. But I do like both. If you are a fan of unwound low g, both brands are fantastic.

I had Living Waters installed on the recent LoPrinzi concert I purchased, and they sound great.

I'll be putting Martin Premium "PolyGut" strings on it next to see which I like better.

I've used both. Worth Clear on soprano. Living Waters on concert. I like both, but give the edge to LW.

Top Bottom