"Lurking Old Timers"

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Any long time Uber's still lurking without posting much? I'm not recognizing very many names these days when I come to visit. Are you guys still out there?

Any long time Uber's still lurking without posting much? I'm not recognizing very many names these days when I come to visit. Are you guys still out there?

I'm still out here, Gary. It has been almost 2 years since my MIL passed, so the trips are now few and far between.

I'm working at a school district now (low-paid paraprofessional), and spring break starts in a couple of weeks. I wonder if we'll bump into each other at the Farmer's Market again?

-Kurt​

I am here Gary...I don't post like the old days....even MMstan not around much also....

I'm a newer oldie, still posting occasional comments, mainly to my friends in the Seasons threads.
Other interests/instruments have taken me away, (& time to practice them all is somewhat lacking).
But I still read through the forums, & hope to return to posting more regularly again.
(Once I've got to grips with my other instruments.) :)

P.S. I'll be hosting next week, mainly to keep in touch.

Last edited:
More of a lurker than a poster these days. I skim the posts a couple times a week, but I no longer have the downtime at work that I once had to peruse the web while waiting for tasks to complete.

(Wow... I am an oldtimer! The oldest poster on this thread so far!)

hey Gary
i joined in mid 2010 as 'eugene ukulele'
and did some moderating for a couple of years,
then somehow morphed into 'hippie dribble'.
in 2015 i made a new account and became a mountain goat.
yeah, lurk mainly these days except for the odd occasion i post
a recording on the seasons board or the vids & links board.
trust things are well brother.

I haven't been lurking, per se. I just haven't been on any ukulele-specific forum for years.

I got to thinking about UU recently because one night not too long ago I was on a YouTube binge and one of the ads I was shown was Aldrine talking about the Ukulele University courses. So tonight I got to thinking about it again and thought I'd see if I still had an account here.

Apparently, yes. But I got an error trying to log in. Turns out I remembered my password with no problem, but had forgotten my login name.

Anyways... hi to anyone who might remember me. I don't know how much time I can put into forums right now, but however much it is will probably go to UU.

First visit in a long time. I recognized few names until I saw this thread. Greetings to all the old timers and the newbies, too. Keep on strummin’!

I don't post nearly as often either. I originally joined in 2009, and then had to change my id in 2011 due to computer issues. Glad to see you're back!

Aloha Gary! I find that I don't visit as often, and I post less frequently when I do visit. On the other hand, I still spend a lot of time playing and I still use UU as a resource (to see what's being sold, to find advice on string sets, etc.)

(Wow... I am an oldtimer! The oldest poster on this thread so far!)

Hi janeray! I'm a slightly older (by one month) timer than you are.

Last edited:
I poke my head in from time to time.

Top Bottom