Ukuleles in film and tv

FatManInDevon

Reaction score
The other night I was watching ‘The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes’, a 1970s movie starring Robert Stephens in the titular role. In one scene the cerebral duo attend an opera ‘after party’, in which a band can be seen playing, what I took to be, ukuleles. One of which looks extremely uncomfortable to play.
C384A8EA-0DC8-4C4A-A330-5A42B02EA15B.jpg

Apart from the obvious movies (GF movies and the like) in which other films and tv programmes have you spotted a uke?

The other night I was watching ‘The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes’, a 1970s movie starring Robert Stephens in the titular role. In one scene the cerebral duo attend an opera ‘after party’, in which a band can be seen playing, what I took to be, ukuleles. One of which looks extremely uncomfortable to play.
View attachment 116676

Apart from the obvious movies (GF movies and the like) in which other films and tv programmes have you spotted a uke?

The big one is a balalaika; can't tell what the others are.

I am not able to use the link feature since it thinks I am posting spam...

Don't use the Post Quick Reply button, use the Go Advanced button and in that window use the Submit Reply button. Always works for me.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Meatballs - Bill Murray playing uke in a canoe.

Bill Murray-Meatballs.JPG

View attachment 116676

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain parents, maybe? :D

Last edited:
Gracie Allen, wife and comedy partner with George Burns plays a song on the ukulele followed by a great dance number by Eleanor Powell.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson plays what a wonderful world on a ukulele in the movie Journey 2: Mysterious Island

Top Bottom