Romero Creations Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
Pepe Romero wanted to make a concert that sounded like a tenor, and this one sure does. As described on his web site, it has "an enlarged lower bout and very deep sides, giving amazing depth and power to the sound of this instrument. It sounds like a tenor ukulele but is indeed a concert!" It is built along the lines of his Grand Tenor. It's like a Grand Concert, and his marketing team ought to call it that!

This one has beautiful wood and an amazing build. It feels great in your hands. The neck is on the thinner side, but not quite as thin as a Kiwaya. It's got a 35mm nut. It plays easy. It sounds beautiful. It's great for fingerstyle. Solid mahogany top, back, and sides. Ebony fingerboard.

This one is brand new from Elderly--and out of stock there. It's also out of stock at HMS/the Ukulele Site. I've had this for a few weeks and played it for less than three hours, so it's in as-new condition. All that's missing is the new price--which is $629, plus tax if applicable. I'd like $570, shipped to the lower 48. Other locations we can negotiate.

New lower price $550.

Here it is at Elderly.
And here it is at Pepe's site.

20190327_174505.jpg20190327_174538.jpg20190327_174655.jpg20190327_174701.jpg20190327_174637.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, are you sure that you want to let it go. You might have regrets

Tom

Still available. Tomthebaptist, I'm afraid I will regret it, and think about taking the ad down every day. I'll going to list the Elite, too, as I got a two-week notice of office closure last Friday.

Still available. Tomthebaptist, [I'm] going to list the Elite, too, as I got a two-week notice of office closure last Friday.

I'm sorry to hear that. It always sucks when it happens.

It does have beautiful grain in the wood. Very striking. The ones I have heard have a lovely sound as well.

Best of luck on all fronts.

I'm sorry to hear that. It always sucks when it happens.

It does have beautiful grain in the wood. Very striking. The ones I have heard have a lovely sound as well.

Best of luck on all fronts.
Thank you! I'm sure all will be well.

........two-week notice of office closure last Friday.

I am so sorry to hear this. I do trust that something better will open up for you in near future. You and I are the first two to own the Romero Concert. Whoever buys it, offer full price. It is worth every penny. It is a boutique quality ukulele!

Tom

Lowering the price to $550 shipped.

Did I mention that this is in same as new condition, and that new they cost $629, plus sales tax on many states? It still has new-uke smell.

You know I just realized I didn't describe this even a little bit. So here goes. Pepe wanted to make a concert that sounded like a tenor, and this one sure does. As described on his web site, it has "an enlarged lower bout and very deep sides, giving amazing depth and power to the sound of this instrument. It sounds like a tenor ukulele but is indeed a concert!" It is built along the lines of his Grand Tenor. It's like a Grand Concert, and his marketing team ought to call it that!

This one has beautiful wood and an amazing build. It feels great in your hands. The neck is on the thinner side, but not quite as thin as a Kiwaya. It's got a 35mm nut. It plays easy. It sounds beautiful. It's great for fingerstyle. Solid mahogany top, back, and sides. Ebony fingerboard.

Beautiful instrument. Really nice concert. I've heard one of these being played and they are indeed silky, smooth & resonant. Great sound.

If I played concert, I'd be seriously interested.

Here is Pepe talking about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaiKZ0APz24

I will try to make a recording of myself playing it later this afternoon, but I'm afraid I won't show the best it can be. Meanwhile Cinco de Mayo celebrations await.

I saw that before that is why I asked for a sound track or to somehow hear it. Wish he had put one in the video. I am sure your recording will be fine. It will show the depth and richness of the instrument.

I'm looking forward to hearing a sound track of the Romero as well. :)
Jan D

I'll do my best. Working on it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom