tuner batteries cheap local

rrieth

Reaction score
I recently bought Sunbeam CR2032 batteries at Dollar Tree in a blister pack of 2 batteries for $1.00. This is cheaper than I've seen in online stores, even when buying larger quantities. The batteries I bought a few years ago in quantity for a better price deteriorated and didn't reach their 2025 use by date. Now I can just buy what I need for a reasonable price. The store had other button batteries as well.

Yeah, I usually get mine from the dollar store too unless it's for something more critical than my tuner where I want it to last longer and, say open a door for me. I can usually get a 3 pack for that price. Even then, don't seem to get the extra value out of name brand. Ikea is a good option too - 10 pack of 2032s if you use a lot, also Ikea for rechargeables - e.g. for a mini amp.

Glennerd

Thanks for that information.

I neglected to mention that the batteries that didn't last were Sony brand, which were second best rated of the name brand batteries at the time. I bought a single pack of the Dollar Tree batteries to try and they seemed to work fine, so I bought enough to replace batteries once in each my devices. Good to know about other sources. I was in a hurry to replace my tuner battery and found all the local retailers wanted about $3.50 apiece for the same battery. It was actually a clerk at Walgreen's who suggested I check the dollar store when I mentioned how overpriced their batteries were compared to Amazon and Ebay.

Hopefully others will have some other sources for cheap batteries. If you forget to turn your tuner off it can run into lots of money to replace button batteries at retail.

I buy ten or twelve name brand batteries from Amazon, depending how they're packaged. They average around $0.43 each. I have a lot of tuners, and I always have some with me for when a fellow player has dead batteries - his tuner, I mean, not the player himself.

I'll have to check out Amazon next time. Not sure why that slipped my mind for batteries.

I was surprised about Sony being highly rated and started googling reviews. Just a heads up that pretty much every review site I came across had useless information. Most of these look like they are written by computer programs to get clicks. I'd put some trust in Consumer Reports, but they're behind a paywall. I recall finding a good battery review site once that rated batteries by their output/price but can't seem to find it now (it's where I heard Ikea had a good mAh/$ rating, near the top, but don't recall their best rated ones).

eBay Energizer 2032 @ $.50 +/- each depending on quantity and seller. I just stock up on them so they are always on hand. Hard to get more local than my mailbox.

I have purchased cheap off-brand batteries in stores, but they don’t seem to last as long.

John

I dont know about brands in other countries, but I generally stick to Duracell and Energiser in Australia :)

They dont cost much, and one tends to last me a year or more in an uke or tuner

Thank you for your input. It is good to know about options.

I posted this because I didn't realize that any store carried C2032 batteries for less than about $3.50 apiece even in quantity. I thought it might help someone looking to replace a tuner battery right away.

For me the dollar store is the best option. I don't use a lot of these batteries. The $.50 apiece price seems to only apply to online purchases of 10 or more. Batteries don't stay at full power from new. They have an expiration date based on when the manufacturer considers they will have lost enough of a charge to be problematic. The package of 10 batteries I bought several years ago had an expiration date of 2026, but the last couple of batteries were not as strong as new. I was delighted to find an 10 battery price on a 2 batteries and be able to pick them up right away. The display on my tuner lit brightly, brighter than with new batteries from my old batch indicating they were fresh.

These lithium batteries are being used in more devices now. If I find I will be using 10 batteries in a couple of years I will buy top rated batteries online as you suggested. Until then I think the dollar store is the best option for me.

been getting Energizer 2032 Lithium batteries on ebay in a 5 pack. Seems to last as long as any of them. 10 for $3.48 on ebay right now.

Top Bottom