Season 373 - Single Word Titles

Methinks we've had no Chuck Berry yet. I'll take care of that little problem. And introduce my new (to me) Ohana SK-28!

I've done this in C. At the RUJ, we do it in A, which is a strain on all us menfolk.

Hi this is Drew here.
Just popping my head out of the water to sing a song
it's been a while but I am not sure when I will be back again.
just needed to play some chords and get my voice back again.

This is John Prine "Souvenir." 1972.

The first single released by OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark) in 1979. Rather ahead of its time, it’s about society’s wasteful usage of energy resources. Couldn’t resist adding some keyboard and drums - again!!! :rolleyes:

I watched the original movie not long ago and wasn't impressed: Alfie doesn't seem to learn anything from his self-gratifying behaviour. But then this song comes on under the credits at the end and adds the moral balance I was craving - gently, tenderly, and in the nick of time!
The Cilla Black's version creams the rest. Burt says it was his proudest moment. I humbly offer a quick version...

This is the 25th of a series of what we would call "audio portraiture" of some mental hospital patients who are featured in the December 2001-January 2002 issue of the Colors publication titled Madness.

"I am the Devil when I'm here. I am God when I'm outside."
-Midalia, 54

jon - voice, baritone ukuleles
kev - voice, keyboards, electric tenor ukulele
joo - voice, drawings, film edit

This is the 21st of a series of what we would call "audio portraiture" of some mental hospital patients who are featured in the December 2001-January 2002 issue of the Colors publication titled Madness.
jon - baritone ukulele, drum loop, keyboards
joo - vocals, painting, paper cut outs, film edit

This is the 24th of a series of what we would call "audio portraiture" of some mental hospital patients who are featured in the December 2001-January 2002 issue of the Colors publication titled Madness.

"What are your dreams?
Nothing." - Pascal

jon - vocals, wind sound samples. baritone ukulele, keyboards
joo - paintings, film edit

Top Bottom