Season 373 - Single Word Titles

Anyone else unable to upload to YouTube from iMovie on iPad at the moment? :confused:

a Leonard Cohen song.
I wasn't sure what this song was about until I saw, before a live performance, that he dedicated it to the city of New Orleans....

Great theme this week!

We thought it would be nice to have a whole bunch of us together making some music. As a group we call ourselves 'Loud in the Library'. Yes, we did indeed make this recording loudly in a library.

Among the crowd you'll see previous Seasonistas: redJAG, EmmaX, and me.

From left to right: Sandra, Sabrina, Meredith, Emma, Toby, Chris, Jasmine and James.

We hope you enjoy it!

Cheers for hosting Keef . A quickie raw one from me, Doctor uked the chords and weaved around them with some fingering.

I know I have done this one before, and Berni did it a month or so ago too, but it's such a favourite of mine, I'm glad this week has given me an excuse to re-visit it. Antje Duvekot's "Vertigo".
And yes, I got the Season number wrong.

Superb theme!!! Not least because over FAWM I wrote at least three songs with one word titles and I have been itching to get them up on youtube.

Here is the first of them... One of the advantages of having had a string of terrible relationships as a young man was that remembering back on them can be a great source of inspiration. So during FAWM (February Album Writing Month) when I took up the gauntlet of writing a song in a single hour based on the prompt LIAR - it was easy to remember a certain lover and let the old pain get finally erased by writing this song.

Hope to get the time to do a couple more later. Meanwhile enjoy:

Here's a powerful David Allan Coe song off his major label debut album on Columbia records from 1974.

I'm sure Keith HAS heard this one before! lol I've always loved Tommy Roe. I took the sopranino challenge here, and it was quite a big challenge to make the chords on a tiny uke with all the key changes in this song. Keith doesn't like many takes, so this was the 2nd recorded one, a bit sloppy, but had fun trying.

Above

First one in what's going to be quite a few from me.

Top Bottom