Season 373 - Single Word Titles

And another one from the San Francisco Bay Area ironically...we were just looking for an easy one for more Dueling Baritone fun.
Two chords- easy enough.
Fleetwood Mac Dreams

This song was a big country hit for John Wesley Ryles in 1968, and I've always loved it. Ryles went on to become a highly in demand studio harmony singer for decades. BTW, is there a song limit week?

Here's a Jimmy C. Newman hillbilly country song from the 50's. For the first time on video I attempted part of this on the instrument I'm trying to learn for 2019, chromatic button accordion. It's not easy at all, and I know I'm no good at it yet. It's def a major challenge.

When I was a fall-term Freshman at college, the film Harold and Maude toured around several campus dormitories one particular weekend. I saw it for the first time in my own dorm and was utterly smitten by the movie. I followed the film around from dorm to dorm seeing it about three more times that weekend.
Several years ago, I scored a perfect vinyl copy of the "Mona Bone Jakon" LP with this song on it.
Now I have finally learned to play this great Cat Stevens song.
The last Cat Stevens song I played was for Season 334 in honor of Lesley Fowkes.
This one could go out to her as well.
Blessings, Lesley!

Yesterday

John say that the only thing Paul ever did was Yesterday.
Perhaps it was, and if so it was a goodie.

Ahoy everyone and good to be back.
I am a teacher and since easter break is coming up I have not really found time to record and/or subtitle things recently.
I had some time today so I recorded a song by an Icelandic punk-rocker, folk singer/songwriter called Bubbi Mortens.
Here is a love-song type thing called 'Afgan'. This song was written during his drug days in the 80s-90s and the title refers to a strain of hashish called 'Black Afghani'

A second from me. I was scrolling through my music files and came across this old Sam Cooke song - from 1961, I checked.

Well I have ONE I'm thinking on bringing but I thought Wim might turn up with it .......

I would love to see you do ONE by METALICA ;). But I was not planning on recording One by U2 for this Season, I've done it a few time before, I've looked at some rather challenging songs and they are also not going to happen. Maybe Tomorrow.

A little bit of jazz on the Jazzy Baritone. 'Misty' Hope you like it. The one and a half minute solo playing in the end took 18 takes to get right without bum notes LOL.

Thanks for hosting this week Keith. Plenty of great material out there. Here's Daniel, by Elton John and Bernie Taupin. . .

Another attempt to convince Flatbaroque John that the 80s was the finest musical decade in the history of mankind, this song really underperformed in the charts in 1983 for Blancmange - but I love it!

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite songs, which you can probably tell because I'm not looking at a lyric sheet on my computer screen like I usually am. I multi-tracked a little bari uke lead. I used to try to do this one on the piano. It is original a primarily piano piece. Written by Ken Hensley, it also appeared on his 1973 solo album Proud Words On a Dusty Shelf. He played guitar as well as keyboard. It was first on the 1972 Uriah Heep album The Magician's Birthday.

It's a way of referring to destiny or fate. We move in parallelograms: some people we will never be able to meet no matter what we do, and other people were are going to intersect with regardless of whether we want to or not. That's my best guess!
OHHHHHHHHHHH that's deep!!!!!!! thank you alan!

Top Bottom