Hello from the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee

mnb128

Reaction score
Hello UU,

This should have been my first post. Instead, for my first post, I blundered in and said, “Hey, everybody, help me with this song!” Well, that wasn’t exactly how it was but close enough.

My apologies for what I’m sure is considered a faux pas.

I live in the foothills of the Smokies in East Tennessee, an area well known for music and specifically stringed instruments other than the ukulele.

I won’t get into how I got into the uke here. I’ll head over to the “How Ukulele Found Me” thread for that.

What I will say is that I’m not a musician. I played piano from ages 5-10 and took about a month of bad guitar lessons when I was 12. I’m 40 now and hadn’t the slightest inclination to pick up a musical instrument until ukulele found me. Now, I can’t put it down.

I don’t know how to read music. I don’t understand music theory, but I’m hoping to learn some of that stuff in time. In the meantime, tabs keep me happy.

I’m happy to be here, and I hope that someday I’ll be able help others on this forum in the way I’ve already been helped by so many without you even knowing.

Cheers,

Matt

Welcome to Ukulele Underground, Matt!
Were you affected by the horrible fires around Gatlinburg? My wife just got back from hiking Mount LeConte. Two-thirds of the trail was on terrain cleared by fire.

Welcome to Ukulele Underground, Matt!
Were you affected by the horrible fires around Gatlinburg? My wife just got back from hiking Mount LeConte. Two-thirds of the trail was on terrain cleared by fire.

I wasn’t personally affected but know many that were. My wife and I hiked Mt.Leconte 3 days before the fire exploded out of control and even at that time we could see smoke from what was, at that time, a contained fire. It was an incredibly scary time, and the scars all around the town of Gatlinburg are still very evident.

It’s still a beautiful place to be, but I think the soul of the community is still recovering.

Thank you for asking, and thank you for the kind welcome.

Top Bottom