Comparison of Flight TUs35 and 50 verses Luna Tatoo Pineapple soprano

uketanzon

Reaction score
Just reporting on my findings.....

We have a kid ukule group every month and its growing....about 30 kid and young teens now....some do not have uke yet...

so we are offering loaners and raffles and contests to those who cannot buy one now...

two deals on interent now, Luna pineapple with gigbag for $50 bucks
and Flight Travel Tus35 ukes, various colors yellow, orange, black, red, blue, white ...mostly on reverb, Butler music and Pitbull Audio. If you make an offer of 50 bucks they will take it. It worked for me.

did a comaprison.....
Flight wins hands down...no contest..
why

set up and intonation down the next is great...with that zero fret and polycarbonite molded fret board..they all come out perfect..and the sound, its loud and nice...really like this little uke...and its indestructable.

Luna..? eh...Pretty yes, build looks ok....nice gig bag, but sound sucks , low volume...thin weak sound..and intonation down the first 5 frets, just horrible...very sharp..
had to do a lot of nut filing to get it close.....

Unlike Bazmaz great reviews....Mine are
great, very good, eh ok and it sucks.

Wont be buying another luna pineapple..for sure...( will take a free one, ha) but
I just ordered 5 flights in different colors..with money donations from our neighborhood and my uke band...and my own wallet...its a winner for sure.

Last edited:
I walked into a shop to try an Ohta-San and walked out with a Flight Tus35 which is what I grab for meetups and playing away from home. I was impressed with the action and intonation to make an "impulse buy".

Good comparison - I like those Flights - in fact I like all Flight ukes - good quality control.

As for Luna? Nope - never would recommend them. Poor quality control (as you found), but actually also quite considerably over-priced for what you are actually getting.

Those Enya concert HPL ukes with case, tuner, etc., are $50 on Amazon right now. I like my Flight uke a lot, but wondered about the Enyas for the same price. They are not likely to be as loud as the Flight, which could be good or bad. I hope someone else buys one so I don't have to.

The Enyas are remarkably well put together and have a really pretty tone. Volume though on each size I have played is disappointing. Still, many like them for quieter practice and if recording them, the lack of volume isn't so much of an issue.

Thanks for the info, guys. I was thinking about getting a Flight, but I have an Enya (wood, not HPL). I have a hearing sensitivity and so the quieter ukes are the way I need to go. Your info is extremely helpful.:)

I once had a Luna pineapple tattoo.

I am not surprised by your verdict.
It didnt impress me either. Sold it and never looked back.
I think that maybe it gave me a bad impression of soprano ukuleles in general. Not fair.

If Ragnar Lodbrok had a Luna tatoo pineapple he would burn it as a sacrifice to the gods and to keep the fire going on a cold damp night

(mmmmm I better stop before I get a gag order cease and desist from Luna.) I can feel the onslaught comming from
furious Luna Pineapple owners any moment now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom