Need some advice on ukulele and its price

Mecha N

Reaction score
Which Ukulele will be the best under the budget of 100$?

Kala KA S

Have you tried any?

There are different sizes and you should determine which is best hor you.

If you find that a Tenor is the best size and can up your budget to $130 you can get a Kala KA T which is a great Uke that will last for years.

I recommend a local store. If you have a playing friend to go buy with, it is good. If you are a string instrument newbie player that is.

But even a playing guy/girl from the shop if you approach nicely and ask to recommend a good uke with a nice setup can help. Maybe stretch 50% above that what you asked though.

Edit:
And concert scale is a safer choice in my opinion too than a soprano scale.

Last edited:
Enya Concert

I concur with the suggestion to visit Barry Maz's site ( gotaukulele.com ) for reviewing his Reviews. He provides a video overview AND a concise written review. He's been at it for years and his "archive" is extensive. Recently he gave a really favorable review to an Enya Concert EUC-X1M. Based on his review AND the sound clip I ordered one. Amazing sound, and a REALLY surprising quality build. It came with a padded gig bag, digital tuner, nice strap, extra set of Aquila Strings (and picks-for whatever reason).... All for $49 US !! It's now my travel Uku. I have two others (both Tenors) which -even with good cases- I'm reluctant to travel with. I'm going to try and supply the review link (I'm a rookie here, so not sure it will "take") https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/03/enya-euc-x1m-concert-ukulele-review.html

I concur with the suggestion to visit Barry Maz's site ( gotaukulele.com ) for reviewing his Reviews. He provides a video overview AND a concise written review. He's been at it for years and his "archive" is extensive. Recently he gave a really favorable review to an Enya Concert EUC-X1M. Based on his review AND the sound clip I ordered one. Amazing sound, and a REALLY surprising quality build. It came with a padded gig bag, digital tuner, nice strap, extra set of Aquila Strings (and picks-for whatever reason).... All for $49 US !! It's now my travel Uku. I have two others (both Tenors) which -even with good cases- I'm reluctant to travel with. I'm going to try and supply the review link (I'm a rookie here, so not sure it will "take") https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/03/enya-euc-x1m-concert-ukulele-review.html

After two delivery attempts, I'm waiting for FedEx to tell me I can pick up my EUC-X1M. Wasn't going to recommend it before I got it, but glad you like yours.

After two delivery attempts, I'm waiting for FedEx to tell me I can pick up my EUC-X1M. Wasn't going to recommend it before I got it, but glad you like yours.

Related to FedEx... I've changed my "delivery" choices with both FedEx and OOPS (aka UPS). After "joining" (as a member of each delivery service) I am able to re-direct delivery to one of their retail outlets or shipping centers nearby. Not all vendors allow this, but most do. Mine is a rural address and it sometimes takes an extra day for delivery, so this also can cut a day off receiving and saves the hassle of having to be home for a signature.

Top Bottom