The best hard case?

I would never trust a case made out of ABS.

I am curious why you would not trust a case made out of ABS. I have had several ABS cases over the years and they are strong and lightweight. Hiscox cases are highly respected in the guitar world and have an outer shell made of ABS.

I am curious why you would not trust a case made out of ABS. I have had several ABS cases over the years and they are strong and lightweight. Hiscox cases are highly respected in the guitar world and have an outer shell made of ABS.

From experience. I purchased a ABS guitar case ( I think it was a Gator) arrived with a large crack. It had seemingly been packed well but obviously not well enough. I guess that I am just very unforgiving but I thought that if the case was so badly damaged when it had been boxed up, I thought the probability of it surviving in the wild to be slim.

From experience. I purchased a ABS guitar case ( I think it was a Gator) arrived with a large crack. It had seemingly been packed well but obviously not well enough. I guess that I am just very unforgiving but I thought that if the case was so badly damaged when it had been boxed up, I thought the probability of it surviving in the wild to be slim.

I would agree that cases should not arrive with cracks. To extrapolate from that experience that ABS is an insufficienct material for instrument cases seems a stretch. To each their own.

Speaking of cases, I print various stickers on sheets of plastic and put them on cases. I have one soprano case decorated for when I carry a soprano. I did the same for concert, tenor, and banjo ukes.

I would agree that cases should not arrive with cracks. To extrapolate from that experience that ABS is an insufficienct material for instrument cases seems a stretch. To each their own.

It probably is and note that I said I was the unforgiving type. Once bitten, etc.

Top Bottom