Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is your most FUN uke?

My concert Fluke, bought used from a forum member here, it remains a joy.
    It hangs next to the sofa, always.

I do also really enjoy my Kmise tenor tuned to gBDE with custom Living Waters strings.
    Its a more comfortable key to sing in.

Almost all of my many ukuleles are very modestly priced.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Digging my Bruko Mahogany Cedar top soprano thee days. It's probably not my "best" uke, but I just can't seem to put it down. It's such a fun, cool little instrument and there is something so addicting about it. I don't even always like the Bruko sound (though I do always love mine), but there is something special about them and I could easily get BAS (Bruko Acquisition Syndrome).

20190521_115756.jpg
    Kala KA-ATP-CTG
    Takumi TC-1M
    Kiwaya KS-5
    Bruko Cedar Top Mahogany Soprano

For me, it is actually my wife’s Rebel Double Creme concert. It really feels nice to hold and strum, and the resonance carries through my body when playing. Add to that a nice wide neck and clean build, and it’s hard to ask for more.

I’ve got a soprano Moon Bird and my own Rebel dessert coming soon, and hopefully one of those will replace the above for me. I’m sure my wife would love her uke back.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

I’ve got to say that my recently acquired Blackbird Clara is a lot of fun. Great sound, good volume, and no worries as a grab & go ukulele.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    KoAloha Special Issue longneck soprano - Port Orford Cedar & Koa - circa 2015
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood -2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019

I'd have to say my KoAloha KCM-00 is my most fun. I like my Kanilea Tenor the most and it is what I take the most seriously, but I seem to have fun just noodling around on the KoAloha. They are fun little instruments with a big sound, plus something is just cute about the sound hole.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

I’d say it’s my recently acquired The Rebel Double Cream super concert. It ticks all the boxes for me in terms of sound, looks, playability, build quality and downright “ fun ability” . It makes me smile every time I pick it up .

For me it's the uke we call "Baby," a Kala Travel Soprano. I can pick it up, hold it with no effort and strum, strum, strum. Plus carrying it with it's gig bag is effortless. :-)
    K
    Sopranos: Kala Travel , Style 2 Martin, Seagull Electric, Antica Libero
    Concert: Takumi TM, Graziano Selmer, Ohana 5 String, National Reso
    Tenors: Koaloha KTM, Luna Tribal
    4 Sale: Pineapple - MP Cali, Tenor: Washburn, Pono MTD-CR Radius

KoAloha tenor is the most fun, but not the one I play the most

Thread Information