Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Ukelele player. Confused with Mike Lynch's book No. 1

I sent a message to inquire about purchasing more chord melody books (I have book 1) to days ago and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'd love to get all five.

Just to update, I tried contacting the Lynch site to purchase additional chord melody books (I have book 1) about a month ago and never heard back.

If anyone has any of these pdf books that they would be willing to share I'd appreciate hearing from you.
    Kamaka (S) Gold Label, Bonanza (C) Cherry Oreo, Pono (T) mahogany, KoAloha (T), Kala (B) Cedar top/Mahog laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by BBegall View Post
    Just to update, I tried contacting the Lynch site to purchase additional chord melody books (I have book 1) about a month ago and never heard back.

If anyone has any of these pdf books that they would be willing to share I'd appreciate hearing from you.
    I just went ahead and donated $60, asking in my note in PayPal for the first 3 volumes of the Chord Melody books. I’ll report back on what happens!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

4. Default

I didnt read the whole thread, so maybe this was said already by someone else

Mike died.
    But his family still sells his books.
    Its unusual, to "donate" first and later get the download link, but it works ... they need some time, sometimnes but you will get your book, dont worry

And i would say Chord Melody isnt something for beginners, but maybe something for advanced beginners, and those books are great.
    Last edited by Andreas Fischer; 05-14-2019 at 08:51 AM. Reason: wrong typing - sorry i am just a german ;-)

For anyone interested, Collene appears to still be there; I received the PDFs of volumes 1-3, plus volume 4 because I had overpaid. I’d rather get another volume than be refunded the $10 or whatever it was!

Perhaps it was due to this OP, but Collene made sure to tell me that the books were written with ukulele players who have the basics down in mind. She also provided several links and tips for working on the songs (like pick songs with melodies you know first, so you immediately know by ear if you’re fretting the wrong notes.

I can’t wait to print these out to start working on!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Gotta say, I’ve only skimmed through while at work, but I’m super happy with the value of these books/PDFs! Between the first three volumes there are at least 120 arrangements and original tunes. Notated clearly and in large enough font to see well, but it causes some songs to be multiple pages which I know bothers some folks. As someone who spent years counting 132 bars of rest before playing in orchestral pieces, I couldn’t care less about page turns.

Also, in the introduction to volume 1, I found this poignant passage:
    C0CDB1DF-7AFC-4ADA-9739-13D12D67FB16.jpg

While this is good advice for any practice session, I can’t help but feel like it may have been overlooked by the OP.
    Current UAS fallout:

I ordered books 1, 2, and 3 of his chord melody books. I love all three of them. I agree that they are not for a beginner. However, not difficult if you read music a little. I play piano and read music well. So I could play some of the numbers the 2nd month I had my baritone ukulele. Unless you are one who can play well by ear and do not need any one to guide you, the books are great. Learn the song the way it is written and then close the book and get on it. Do your own thing. Daahhh old me, I just play them as written.

Thread Information