CA Glue and Dust filler?

Steve-atl

Reaction score
I am trying to fill small gaps between the body and the binding.
This mahogany is unusually light when I mix this dust with the CA glue to fill the gap’s it turns to dark.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Here's a tip. Fill the gap with white glue (Titebond or such). Then use sandpaper and sand from the body towards the edges driving the sawdust into the gap. Works like a charm and the white glue doesn't darken the sawdust.

They do make a product we used to use when we were doing the finish carpentry on upscale homes. We would save the flour in the bags of our sanders and mix it with this stuff. It was specifically formulated for this purpose. It did a great job of filling and not getting darker than the wood we had just sanded. It's been so long I can't remember the name. I bet you could find it from a specialty paint store.

I don't have any personal experience with this but someone I trust says to use plain old Elmers household white glue, not Titebond, to mix with the sawdust for a better match.

Yes, yes. Titebond puts a yellow dye in their original and water resistant brands. Not sure about III brand. It does tend to give a yellowish cast when dried.

Top Bottom