Season 374 Now uke talkin'

Really sorry that I have had a busy week of family crises so haven't had time to do a proper video, nor listen to many of the videos already posted this season.

But here, late Sunday, with 375 in full swing, is my contribution to 374. Didn't even have time to video it. So, this is my narration of a short story I wrote back in 1999.... with a Greek sounding noodle in the background on my Oscar Schmidt 6 string tenor ukulele.

Hope you enjoy it.

Had a crazy week, with out of town travel, a sad funeral, and then a busy Easter weekend, but wanted to try to get at least one song in for this cool Season. But, what to speak/play? I decided to try learning "Willin'", by Lowell George/Little Feat. Some versions of this song are very slow and, to me, dreary. So, I tried to liven it up a bit after the initial spoken-work portion, more in the vein of the Seatrain version, if you've ever heard of those guys.

Song is about a trucker in the American southwest, who also smuggles contraband and illegals across the border. Gotta say, I wouldn't want to be driving beside a trucker who was hopped up on "weed, whites & wine"!

Here goes, only had time for 1 take.

Last edited:
Hope this one qualifies, I'll leave it up to your good judgement because after a while I could convince myself that every song has a speaking part Lol
Thanks for hosting Trent & Ann Marie x

Just saw LEGO Movie 2, and the song Gotham City Guys seemed perfect for the spoken word theme! Seeing as this season is being run by a husband and wife team, we thought we'd submit a husband and wife collaboration.

We had time for just one take to get this song submitted before cut off...! Well, we had fun :D

Thanks for an amazing week everyone! Ann Marie and I were blown away by the entries. Wrap up will come not too far down the line.

Today I thought of two songs I might have tried if I had a week off to myself. War of the Worlds into and Let's Go Crazy by Prince.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun this week guys.

A smasher, Berni.
Very nicely done.

Really sorry that I have had a busy week of family crises so haven't had time to do a proper video, nor listen to many of the videos already posted this season.

But here, late Sunday, with 375 in full swing, is my contribution to 374. Didn't even have time to video it. So, this is my narration of a short story I wrote back in 1999.... with a Greek sounding noodle in the background on my Oscar Schmidt 6 string tenor ukulele.

Hope you enjoy it.

Well, I heard a hunnert versions of this here tune
An' yours sure shows that ya know what yer doin'!

Had a crazy week, with out of town travel, a sad funeral, and then a busy Easter weekend, but wanted to try to get at least one song in for this cool Season. But, what to speak/play? I decided to try learning "Willin'", by Lowell George/Little Feat. Some versions of this song are very slow and, to me, dreary. So, I tried to liven it up a bit after the initial spoken-work portion, more in the vein of the Seatrain version, if you've ever heard of those guys.

Song is about a trucker in the American southwest, who also smuggles contraband and illegals across the border. Gotta say, I wouldn't want to be driving beside a trucker who was hopped up on "weed, whites & wine"!

Here goes, only had time for 1 take.

THANK YOU, Ann Marie and Trent!
Surprised to hear my name mentioned since I didn't play anything on the videos I made for Kevin and Alan.
I really love Alan's story about Clarence and Kevin's Are You Happy Now? is one of the best songs I have heard in a long time.
It is a real honour to make art for their music.
So happy that you guys appreciate my art.
YAY! I got a new tee! Thank you again. <3

Really terrific Season, Trent & Ann Marie! You got me out of my comfort zone and I enjoyed every bit of it! Congrats on a great Season!

Well done everyone - especially those who made it to the Easter basket (note that I resisted the strong urge to call you basket cases! ;) )

And very well done to the ultimate winners - brilliant stuff!

And thanks so much to Trent and Ann Marie for hosting such a brill and challenging week - what a lovely couple you are! :)

Cheers folks 'twas a real pleasure. Congrats to the winners and congrats to all who participated.

Thanks Ann Marie and Trent! What a fun and innovative theme this week was! Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to a truly deserving pair of winners! Alan's original song matched up with Joo's artwork is so good, it deserves to be seen and heard by as many folks as possible ~

Thanks to you both for such a comfort-zone stretching season.

Top Bottom