Do You Have Any "Worthless"Ukuleles?

Yes, a luna pineapple tatoo.
IMO Luna does not make ukuleles, they make wood art that resemble ukuleles in form, but not in function. they are ok wall hanger, but not serious instuments...again, my opinion.
I tried a $ 40 Kimise concert that blew away the Luna in tone, playability and intonation. same with the flight trave uke at 50 bucks.

I keep it to remind me how good my other ukes sound and for a loaner.

I agree. Luna is about the worst ukulele company out there, because they charge immense amounts of money for crap.
I gave one to my daughter when I didn't know what I was doing, and she won't speak to me now.
I "Won" one in a lottery at an event, and sold it for way less than Luna sells it for. I kinda feel bad about selling it to that lady. But, she really liked it!
Unfortunately, they are a sponsor of my uke club, and when I was a board member, I got chastised for speaking out the truth about Luna's crummy products and high prices. And worse, they sell like hotcakes here....

I agree. Luna is about the worst ukulele company out there, because they charge immense amounts of money for crap.
I gave one to my daughter when I didn't know what I was doing, and she won't speak to me now.
I "Won" one in a lottery at an event, and sold it for way less than Luna sells it for. I kinda feel bad about selling it to that lady. But, she really liked it!
Unfortunately, they are a sponsor of my uke club, and when I was a board member, I got chastised for speaking out the truth about Luna's crummy products and high prices. And worse, they sell like hotcakes here....

My daughter got a Luna uke. The bridge popped off after 2 months. I own a Luna resonator and love it. I think they use different subcontractors and there is luck involved. I thought the tone on her laminate uke was nice, but the sustain was terrible. She did love the look. I will put a National cone on mine and it will be wonderful.

Ha, glad to see I am not the only one....seems like I started a Luna thrashing thread.

I have played Luna guitars also ...man...do not get me started on that road..but same feeling....DOA

I just get irritated when you see Luna reviews with 5 stars?

did these people ever play a another kind of ukulele? Do they work for Luna? are they hearing impaired? Are they fake reviews?

Did Bazmaz ever give a Luna a good review....if so, send me the link, I want to see it!!!

Last edited:
Ha, glad to see I am not the only one....seems like I started a Luna thrashing thread.

I have played Luna guitars also ...man...do not get me started on that road..but same feeling....DOA

I just get irritated when you see Luna reviews with 5 stars?

did these people ever play a another kind of ukulele? Do they work for Luna? are they hearing impaired? Are they fake reviews?

Did Bazmaz ever give a Luna a good review....if so, send me the link, I want to see it!!!

I don't think they're fake reviews. I'd bet it's a bunch of new players with their first ukulele that bought one because of the art. I assume this because this is what happened to me haha, I bought my first ukulele that was a Luna because of the looks and didn't do any research at all. I thought it sounded great because I never played one before, but once I started playing better brands, I never picked it up again.

Give them to friends so they can learn to play, or donate them to the music therapy dept. at the children’s hospital where I am a nurse.
I had three Waterman uke that I won in raffles. I gave two of them away to people that I wanted to discourage from learning to play the ukulele.

Hahahah! Luna. Mine was terrible. I gave it away twice and it came back. Finally had to give it away internationally.
I gave my third Waterman to an seven year old neighbor kid in Puerto Rico. His mom told me not to give it to him because he would just break it. I gave it to him anyway.

I built this ukulele one winter. I bought the cigar box in a second hand store for six dollars. I spent a lot of hours working on it and all I had at the time were hand tools. I used rubber bands, ace bandages, and exercise weights to hold it together while the glue dried. It has no sound at all. You can't hear it across the room. It started out with Aquila strings. I changed to fluorocarbon and they didn't help at all. It has no sustain. I volunteer at Raising Readers and one day they built ukuleles from cereal boxes with rubber bands for strings. The ones they made sounded better than this one.I guess you can't call it worthless though. I look at it sometimes.

Cigarbox Uke.jpg

Last edited:
I had three Waterman uke that I won in raffles. I gave two of them away to people that I wanted to discourage from learning to play the ukulele.

I gave my third Waterman to an seven year old neighbor kid in Puerto Rico. His mom told me not to give it to him because he would just break it. I gave it to him anyway.

I built this ukulele one winter. I bought the cigar box in a second hand store for six dollars. I spent a lot of hours working on it and all I had at the time were hand tools. I used rubber bands, ace bandages, and exercise weights to hold it together while the glue dried. It has no sound at all. You can't hear it across the room. It started out with Aquila strings. I changed to fluorocarbon and they didn't help at all. It has no sustain. I volunteer at Raising Readers and one day they built ukuleles from cereal boxes with rubber bands for strings. The ones they made sounded better than this one.I guess you can't call it worthless though. I look at it sometimes.

View attachment 117103

That's beautiful. The first cigar box uke I made turned out to have a cardboard top, unlike the solid wood in all the other parts. It had very muted sound. I eventually found a wooden top from another cigar box, and that made a big difference.

Top Bottom