Thread: WTB: kamaka tenor (UK and Europe)

Default WTB: kamaka tenor (UK and Europe)

Probably a long shot but... Looking to buy a kamaka tenor (without rope binding - not a fan I'm afraid). Due to import duties will have to be UK / EU only.

Get in touch if you're looking to sell.
    ~ "Music washes away the dust of everyday life" ~

Concert - Anuenue UC3k
    Tenor - Anuenue UT200 Sumi Kobo sinker cedar + ziricote Kamaka LFDM ukaferri
    "Beater" no brand solid spruce + rosewood tenor

***Selling***
    2002 koAloha Soprano DaSilva figured Mango Tenor + Misi pickup Ziegenspeck mahogany Sunburst sunrise + uke-up pick up

WTB: high end baritone (will trade)

There is a nice 100th Anniversary model tenor on eBay UK at the moment.
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - Mya Moe Maple & Spruce Tenor - Pono MGTDP

Why? I do not understand 'brand preference'. These are factory built instruments that have one thing the others do not have... a longer time in the market place. It does not however make them any better than any other K brand and certainly not better than mine, built from koa, here in the UK. If you want it for the label then fine. If you are looking for a sound, well there are alternatives!

A new Kamaka tenor is 1,100 or 1,200. How much is a 'Howlett brand' tenor? And I'm sure I have seen a post by you before defending Kamaka for being hand made rather than factory built. Also if you had 100 years to improve your instruments do you not think they would only get better?
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - Mya Moe Maple & Spruce Tenor - Pono MGTDP

I'd rather people didn't get into a fight on my post... There are plenty of want to buy posts, I think if it's not to help that person or point them in the right direction then comments to the effect of making it about "the brand" and turning the post into a debate aren't helpful.

I'm lucky enough to have been able to try / buy some incredible ukuleles. What I or anyone else is looking for at a given time is our perogative and does not have to be justified to anyone else.

So, this is what I'm looking for at the moment. I do and have supported local but ultimately what I do or don't buy is my decision, for my own reasons.

Concert - Anuenue UC3k

***Selling***
    2002 koAloha Soprano DaSilva figured Mango Tenor + Misi pickup Ziegenspeck mahogany Sunburst sunrise + uke-up pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    There is a nice 100th Anniversary model tenor on eBay UK at the moment.
    Thanks for the heads up! I seemed to have missed it though

Concert - Anuenue UC3k

***Selling***

Quote Originally Posted by pix.fairydust View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I seemed to have missed it though
    No, it's still there. Just search for 'Kamaka Ukulele 100th Anniversary'. There are three days left.

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    No, it's still there. Just search for 'Kamaka Ukulele 100th Anniversary'. There are three days left.
    Thank you! Found it

Concert - Anuenue UC3k

***Selling***

Thank you to all those that helped! Really appreciate the heads up as it helped me close this thread!

Concert - Anuenue UC3k

***Selling***

Thread Information