WTB: kamaka tenor (UK and Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix.fairydust

Reaction score
Probably a long shot but... Looking to buy a kamaka tenor (without rope binding - not a fan I'm afraid). Due to import duties will have to be UK / EU only.

Get in touch if you're looking to sell.

There is a nice 100th Anniversary model tenor on eBay UK at the moment.

Why? I do not understand 'brand preference'. These are factory built instruments that have one thing the others do not have... a longer time in the market place. It does not however make them any better than any other K brand and certainly not better than mine, built from koa, here in the UK. If you want it for the label then fine. If you are looking for a sound, well there are alternatives!

A new Kamaka tenor is £1,100 or £1,200. How much is a 'Howlett brand' tenor? And I'm sure I have seen a post by you before defending Kamaka for being hand made rather than factory built. Also if you had 100 years to improve your instruments do you not think they would only get better?

I'd rather people didn't get into a fight on my post... There are plenty of want to buy posts, I think if it's not to help that person or point them in the right direction then comments to the effect of making it about "the brand" and turning the post into a debate aren't helpful.

I'm lucky enough to have been able to try / buy some incredible ukuleles. What I or anyone else is looking for at a given time is our perogative and does not have to be justified to anyone else.

So, this is what I'm looking for at the moment. I do and have supported local but ultimately what I do or don't buy is my decision, for my own reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom