How Great Thou Art (Kimo Baritone)

Lapyang

Reaction score
This post is inspired by an Easter video posting I found this morning, by our fellow UU member Camsuke (Campbell): This Is My Father's World.

I think it is a good idea to record a Hymn for Easter. So, here it goes.
This version is loosely based on an Ukulele arrangement by Mr. Mike Lynch and a Cello arrangement by The Piano Guys.
Played on a Kimo Baritone. Moon Sitka top with Bubinga body. Living Water for first and second, and Thomastik CF 30 and 35 for third and forth string.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Last edited:
Joseph,
Nicely played. Thanks for sharing a great song.
Aloha and mahalo.

Wow Joseph, this is truly wonderful, I love your Kimo baritone & it suits the song so perfectly. I also love the way you play this tune & the subtle tweaks you have made to Mike's arrangement, bravo my friend! :)

Thank you, Campbell. It was listening to your wonderful rendition of "This Is My Father's World", that prompted me to record this video.

Joseph,
Nicely played. Thanks for sharing a great song.
Aloha and mahalo.

Thank you.

Beautiful. It was my paternal grandmother’s favorite hymn and brings back many memories.

Beautiful. It was my paternal grandmother’s favorite hymn and brings back many memories.

Thank you, Kathryn. This is my favorite hymn also.

Joseph this is very well played.
Your new Kimo looks and sounds good. How do you like playing a baritone? Your fretting hand seems to flow nicely on the long scale.
See you in two weeks !

Thanks, Brenda. The baritone scale is challenging for me, since I am most comfortable with concert. I hope playing baritone will get me to be more used to tenor scale. :)

@Lapyang, very well played. That is one of my favorite hymns. You did a very good job!

Happy Easter!

Jared

Hi Joseph......Really enjoyed that piece and your playing is developing really well. What a cool ukulele also!
Happy Easter,
Mike

Joseph that was wonderful, your playing is moving ahead in leaps and bounds. You know I love Kimo ukuleles and you made that baritone sing

Top Bottom