Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 375: Pickin' & Grinnin'

Pretty sure I did not love anything more than Hee Haw as a kid, and that insomnia has me awake at 2:33...and that I have a song...and that every attempt I made last week at “The revolution will not be televised” was not worth posting at all. Seriously chomping at the bit here. Great theme.

Wait. If Wee is posting all bets are off and I don’t have to wait out the next 17 minutes. Mel learned this thing in Girl Scouts that we just had to commit to video...and Ollie had to sing along, and it is Hee Haw week so I am beside myself and here. Here is day one dang it.

thank you for the week Alan.
    a little improvised thing we did this afternoon
    in honour of the season, your love of country music
    and this awesome show. best from the two of us brother.

One done by the Hee Haw Gospel Quartet.

Tom T Hall is a great songwriter.Can't imagine how I've never heard this song before.It's a beauty.I found super live versions by Tom, Bobby Bare, Buddy Miller and others- oh especially The Avett Brothers.Thanks Alan for helping me find a new entry in my favorite country tunes collection.- "That's how I got to Memphis"

Season 375. Submission 1. “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head” (Written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, 1969) for the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It was famously recorded by B.J. Thomas in 1969.

B.J. Thomas appeared on Hee Haw in Season 13 on Episode 23, which aired in the US on February 27, 1982.

Thank you for hosting, Alan, and your fine theme!

Baritone ukulele here.

I've always like Lyle Lovett's music, so when I saw his name on the list, I knew I was going to give one of his songs a go, this is called "This old porch":
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Here's a holdover from my talking Season, as this is a mix of singing and speaking. It's a Joe Stampley song.

A week? That list of artists could keep us busy for a year. I will follow Xommen's example and pick one by Lyle Lovett.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Hello, Alan ... and thank you for educating me in the ways of "Hee Haw"; splendid idea for the week! This is a song by Buck Owens, who seems to wear very sparkly suits and appeared in numerous editions of the show.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

​"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information