Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Mele Koa Tenor, Double Hole

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    I totally get it. I'm guessing your other koa is the new Kanile'a Pineapple? I so fell in love with the sound of that Ukulele. It's on the wish list. But I'm thinking I'd keep the Koaloha. It has such great action. It makes me see one of the differences between a higher end instrument and lesser grade ones. :-)
    That’s the one. It blows most all of my other ukuleles out of the water. I feel like I need to go custom to get something I truly enjoy more.

I’ve got an Opio spruce top concert arriving tomorrow, and I’m hoping it’ll make me want to explore KoAloha a bit more. I’ve also yet to play a Kamaka, but do enjoy the sound samples that I’ve heard.

At any rate, the Mele sounds great for the price, and would a great upgrade uke for someone who wants to get a solid koa instrument!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

I'll be really bummed if this doesn't sell. It's a great price! I love my Mele but I don't need another...

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    I'll be really bummed if this doesn't sell. ...
    Me too...

In all seriousness, thanks for the endorsement. It is a lovely instrument with a solid dynamic range and lovely tone with the LW strings, imho.

Again, open to reasonable offers or trades on this one.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Gorgeous and I love the sound. I already have three tenors and one is a Mele with the Braddah tag in mahogany. One, the Kamaka, is in koa wood and I love the sound. I wish I could justify another tenor. Besides I am not sure that I would want to trade any of my other instruments and cash flow is difficult. Anyway - NICE instrument. IMHO the Mele instruments are seriously undervalued. I had a Mele soprano that is now sold. Apart from this being an endorsement - - may you sell soon and to a buyer who will appreciate what they are getting.
    Kamaka pineapple soprano gold label - 1950s
    Kamaka custom soprano, gold label. 1960s?
    Koaloha tenor 2011
    Koaloha Opio long neck soprano. 2016
    Braddah, Mele, concert 1997
    Braddah, Mele, tenor late 1990s
    Bruko #6 soprano, flat back, pre 1980
    Luna tenor - laminate and to use as a loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by frianm View Post
    Gorgeous and I love the sound. I already have three tenors and one is a Mele with the Braddah tag in mahogany. One, the Kamaka, is in koa wood and I love the sound. I wish I could justify another tenor. Besides I am not sure that I would want to trade any of my other instruments and cash flow is difficult. Anyway - NICE instrument. IMHO the Mele instruments are seriously undervalued. I had a Mele soprano that is now sold. Apart from this being an endorsement - - may you sell soon and to a buyer who will appreciate what they are getting.
    Thanks, frianm. It is a lovely instrument with good tone and intonation. Maybe I should record a few more sound samples.

I suspect the cosmetic marks are keeping folks from being more interested, but those are hard to see or care about when you’re playing!
    Current UAS fallout:

Quote Originally Posted by YogiTom View Post
    Thanks, frianm. It is a lovely instrument with good tone and intonation. Maybe I should record a few more sound samples.

I suspect the cosmetic marks are keeping folks from being more interested, but those are hard to see or care about when you’re playing!
    IMHO these are no more than evidence that it has been played. All my instruments show these and those I bought used show even more. It is the playability and sound that matter.
    Kamaka pineapple soprano gold label - 1950s
    Kamaka custom soprano, gold label. 1960s?
    Koaloha tenor 2011
    Koaloha Opio long neck soprano. 2016
    Braddah, Mele, concert 1997
    Braddah, Mele, tenor late 1990s
    Bruko #6 soprano, flat back, pre 1980
    Luna tenor - laminate and to use as a loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by frianm View Post
    IMHO these are no more than evidence that it has been played. All my instruments show these and those I bought used show even more. It is the playability and sound that matter.
    Amen.
    Current UAS fallout:

I understand why your Mele isn't getting much play time. I bought the prototype Kanile'a 2019 LE Platinum Pineapple on Jan 2nd right off the finishing room shelf during the first Kanile'a factory tour of 2019. They passed it around, I played it and immediately asked if it was for sale. Tour guide said they weren't even in production yet so it was doubtful. Couldn't believe Joe agreed to sell it to me later during the tour. Carried it out in a used bari HSC because the production cases weren't available yet (came in before I left Hawaii). My Pineapple is pictured in the Spring 2019 Ukulele magazine in a Kanile'a ad! Crazy full clean sound, killer koa grains. My other ukes also got jealous for a while. At your asking price the Mele should sell. Fair price for a great uke! Good luck with it, Rick...

Possible trade pending.
    Current UAS fallout:

A great uke for a great price. I think they are "classy" looking.

Thread Information