Thread: KC Newkster

Default KC Newkster

I don’t really have much musical experience. I tried learning to play a guitar when I was in high school and again when my son was in high school. Both trial periods lasted a year before giving up. Recently I retired and thought I would try one more time, although this time with a 4-string ukulele instead of a 6-string guitar. I found a local instructor here in Kansas City on the KC Ukesters web site and signed up for a lesson next week. I’ll decide which size ukulele after my first lesson but suspect it will be a baritone since I am a big guy and prefer a deep woody tone.
    Last edited by KanzaKruzer; 04-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Your welcome this forum, Don't worry about it, I am not expert in music too.
    I use to download vimeo videos chrome like savefrom.net

Welcome to the forum. I thought I would play Tenor or Baritone when I first started, because I prefer deeper tone. But it turned out my main instruments are Concert and Soprano. You'll never know.
    A day without playing uke is a day not well lived.

Joseph

The instructor I found is offering to let me try both his baritone and tenor before pulling the trigger on a purchase. I held a baritone at a local store and it seemed more comfortable than the smaller ukulele models. Not knowing how to play really limits my ability to make a decision, but it should help to have the advice of an instructor. I'm 6'5" which may influence my desire for a larger model.

David
    Last edited by KanzaKruzer; 04-23-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Welcome to UU!
    Happy to be an Intermediate Newbie, Penny

Thread Information