Online resource for sheet music w/chords

Junie Moon

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an online resource for uke sheet music that includes chords? I'm not interested in tab at this time.

I have found a few sites, but they don't give a lot of info about how much they cost. They all make themselves sound GREAT.

I'm happy to pay for what I want, but I am new to buying services online.

I searched the UU forum, but didn't have much luck.

Thanks for sharing any good and bad experiences you've had.

June

Fortenotation is pretty intuitive and has a bunch of good tutorials. It does lyrics but I haven't tried that function.

Last edited:
Here are several very good places to find music...
scorpexuke dot com
doctoruke dot com
ukesterbrown dot com
sanjoseukeclub dot org

It really depends what you are looking for.

When you say for ukulele, do you need chord diagrams displayed? Do you want it in a key where the chords are easy to play on the Ukulele? Or a key where the melody is easy to play?
Or do you really just want non-instrument specific sheet music?
The latter is easier to find and perfectly possible to use for ukulele.

When I Google sheet music for a specific song, I usually end up on Musicnotes.com. They charge per song. Usually I am too cheap to buy the sheet music, which also includes staff notation for piano that I dont need. I can often determine what I want to know from looking at the preview. I know, this is cheating, and it doesnt get me a lead sheet to print.

For jazz or blues standards, it will probably be cheaper and more convenient to get a "fake book" with a collection of lead sheets. You can buy them hard copy. And if you search the web you may find a PDF someone uploaded somewhere, which may not be totally licensed, but is convenient.

You might also want to search for Fake Books for a specific band or genre you like. It is only annoying if you need to pay for a whple book of you only any two or three songs.

Last edited:
If you already know the melody, all you have to do is a google search for the name of the tune plus "chords." The are tons of lyric sheets with chords out there for free. A true "lead sheet" includes a single musical staff with the melody notated on it, chords above, lyrics below. Those are practically nonexistent online. Probably due to copyright concerns. You can buy what are called "Fake Books" which are very large collections of true lead sheets. They are a great resource if you don't already know the melodys. Hope this info helps.

https://sheetmusic-free.com/ has a wide variety of free sheet music from many different genres in printable PDF format with lyrics, chords, and full standard staff notation. I don't know how legal this website is, but it has been around for a while.

I don't patronize any one website. Whenever I want sheet music I just google the music and add the words sheet music. Then I pay the $5 and get what I want.

A side note:
If you do buy sheet music from sites like musicnotes, sheetmusicplus etc, they will offer you a PDF on top of your print for like $3 extra. It might be cheating, but nothing stops you from making your regular print on a virtual PDF printer. That way you have the PDF without paying extra. The way I see it I am not messing with them unless share the sheet music with others, keeping a back up PDF can't be any of their business.

Have a look at the Internet Archive. Lots of free out of copyright uke music there.

My favourite website for music at the minute is the New Orleans Jambook:

It's a great archive.

Top Bottom