Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online resource for sheet music w/chords

Default Online resource for sheet music w/chords

Can anyone recommend an online resource for uke sheet music that includes chords? I'm not interested in tab at this time.

I have found a few sites, but they don't give a lot of info about how much they cost. They all make themselves sound GREAT.

I'm happy to pay for what I want, but I am new to buying services online.

I searched the UU forum, but didn't have much luck.

Thanks for sharing any good and bad experiences you've had.

June

pm sent...

You need to search online for 'lead sheets', here's one web site to get you started.

https://www.music-for-music-teachers...ad-sheets.html
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    You need to search online for 'lead sheets', here's one web site to get you started.

https://www.music-for-music-teachers...ad-sheets.html
    "Lead sheets?" Ah-HA! I did not know that term, and now I do.

Many thanks, Croaky Keith.

Fortenotation is pretty intuitive and has a bunch of good tutorials. It does lyrics but I haven't tried that function.
    Last edited by RihanaFF; 05-04-2021 at 04:02 AM.

Here are several very good places to find music...
    scorpexuke dot com
    doctoruke dot com
    ukesterbrown dot com
    sanjoseukeclub dot org
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Martin Iz - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 (fretless) - Pahoehoe

It really depends what you are looking for.

When you say for ukulele, do you need chord diagrams displayed? Do you want it in a key where the chords are easy to play on the Ukulele? Or a key where the melody is easy to play?
    Or do you really just want non-instrument specific sheet music?
    The latter is easier to find and perfectly possible to use for ukulele.

When I Google sheet music for a specific song, I usually end up on Musicnotes.com. They charge per song. Usually I am too cheap to buy the sheet music, which also includes staff notation for piano that I dont need. I can often determine what I want to know from looking at the preview. I know, this is cheating, and it doesnt get me a lead sheet to print.

For jazz or blues standards, it will probably be cheaper and more convenient to get a "fake book" with a collection of lead sheets. You can buy them hard copy. And if you search the web you may find a PDF someone uploaded somewhere, which may not be totally licensed, but is convenient.

You might also want to search for Fake Books for a specific band or genre you like. It is only annoying if you need to pay for a whple book of you only any two or three songs.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 04-28-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

If you already know the melody, all you have to do is a google search for the name of the tune plus "chords." The are tons of lyric sheets with chords out there for free. A true "lead sheet" includes a single musical staff with the melody notated on it, chords above, lyrics below. Those are practically nonexistent online. Probably due to copyright concerns. You can buy what are called "Fake Books" which are very large collections of true lead sheets. They are a great resource if you don't already know the melodys. Hope this info helps.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

https://sheetmusic-free.com/ has a wide variety of free sheet music from many different genres in printable PDF format with lyrics, chords, and full standard staff notation. I don't know how legal this website is, but it has been around for a while.

I don't patronize any one website. Whenever I want sheet music I just google the music and add the words sheet music. Then I pay the $5 and get what I want.

Thread Information