Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUD....sorta, old friend returns

Default NUD....sorta, old friend returns

The very first uke I bought was an all mahogany laminate Gretsch G9120 tenor. The ensuing years saw me buy other ukuleles and this eventually didnt get played much. About three years ago I loaned this to someone who wanted to learn how to play ukulele.

I never really heard much from him after a few get togethers and eventually figured I would never see the uke again. I was a bit sad because it was my first ukulele but figured if it helped someone else find joy from the ukulele it was worth it. Well I got a call from his soon to be ex asking if I ever got my uke back, she is a friend of my wife. Well she returned the uke back to me about a week ago. I was thrilled to see it was in the same shape it left my home. I gave the exterior an oil treatment and changed out the three year old strings. Glad to have my old friend back in the fold. I won't be loaning that one out again

20190423_160756.jpg20190423_160747.jpg20190423_160713.jpg20190423_160626.jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 04-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Old friends are the best friends!

Welcome home, Gretsch!
    Kathryn

You never forget your first. Glad it worked out for you.

Happy ending! Amazing how some people have no conscience about never returning items.
    Glenn

My first ukulele, an Oscar Schmidt OU-2, is sitting right here next to me in it's orginal, trashy, cheap gig bag. It's going with me in a couple of weeks to a music camp where it will be donated at a silent auction to raise some money for a worthy cause in West Africa. I only played it for a couple of weeks before I realized that it wasn't that my playing was bad, but was being limited by a poor quality instrument. I hope it brings joy to someone. At least it was sufficient to show me that I could play a ukulele and just needed a proper instrument to bring out a good sound.
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

Welcome (back) home! She's a beaut!

Nice! Happy returns Dave.

Congratulations, Dave. The first one is always special.
    A day without playing uke is a day not well lived.

Joseph

So thoughtful of her to get it back to you. A happy ending to the uke's journey. A nice looking uke at that.

I played dulcimers with my sister on Easter. She had loaned out a dulcimer a few years back and had lost track of it. She just got it back too, and was a happy camper.
    Susie
    Guitars: 6 Taylor's ● 1 Martin
    Ukes: Kala KA-ZCT-T (Ziricote Tenor) ● Kala KA-SSTU-B (Spruce/Mahogany Thinline Baritone)
    Other: 4 Mountain Dulcimers ● 7 Native American Flutes
    ...and they all get played!

Thread Information