Bill Webber Custom Flamed Solid Maple Tenor w/HSC $955

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
David Webber Custom Flamed Solid Maple Tenor w/HSC $955

Luthier David Webber is a great guitar and uke builder up in Canada. Known for using high end woods and quality build-out and this tenor is no exception. It's all highly flamed solid maple, and when I say all, that includes the body, the neck, the fretboard and the bridge. A light maple fretboard is pretty rare on ukuleles, a flamed maple fretboard is almost unheard of. This one is emphasizes the wood with no fret markers on the top, just black dots on the side. Good action, bone nut and saddle and wonderful Gotoh open back tuners with black, maybe ebony buttons. A super clean design where all the "bling" is in the wood grains. The high gloss Cherry-burst finish really turns heads. The back of the neck is satin finish for improved hand movement. This uke is probably unlike any you might currently own. The maple produces a focused sound but the build adds in warmth and great sustain. I've got my sights set on a Farallon sunburst, so a couple ukes need to be moved on. Comes in a nice hardshell case. All this quality and look for under $1000! Please ask any questions or for more photos. Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
More Webber Photos

A few more photos...

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9461.jpg
    IMG_9461.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
I have #1 of 5 from his first build of baritones. Incredible instruments. Lightweight, perfect intonation with a low action fast neck.

For those looking for a great tenor, Webber is one of them. He's getting ready to retire, as soon as his wood supply runs out, so depending on how big it is... He's been building for over 35 years.

Good luck with the sale rhiggie. I'm sure you're going to miss this one.

Thanks for the correction, had a listing yesterday talking about Bill Collings and got Bill stuck in my mind!

David Webber...

Both Adam and I own Webber tenor ukuleles. They are excellent and I mean really excellent. This is a great price for a stunnig instrument, good luck

SOLD! Thanks to everyone for your comments. Always feels good to know one of your "babies" is going to a good home with great friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom