Looking for Pineapple Concert

Deni57

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm needing some ideas. I'd like to get a pineapple concert uke for a reasonale price. What brand do you recommend and where can I find one? I know they exist. Thanks. :)

Hi,
I'm needing some ideas. I'd like to get a pineapple concert uke for a reasonale price. What brand do you recommend and where can I find one? I know they exist. Thanks. :)

Can you better define “reasonably priced”? I’m sure there are some $50 options all the way up to some $500+ options that different budgets would consider reasonable. You’ll also likely get better specific recommendations if you can ballpark your budget.

Honestly, I think investing in a well built, solid wood model from any company is worth the price.

Have a look at Ohana. I think they'll probably have a few different pineapple concerts. The dealer prices are quite a bit lower than their website. Mim's Ukes is a good place to get them or Uke Republic, I think.

Can you better define “reasonably priced”? I’m sure there are some $50 options all the way up to some $500+ options that different budgets would consider reasonable. You’ll also likely get better specific recommendations if you can ballpark your budget.

Honestly, I think investing in a well built, solid wood model from any company is worth the price.

Sorry, didn't think of that. Around $65 - $75 up to $150. How's that?

At that price point, I think this is your best option:
https://reverb.com/item/22786423-mi...-10s-laminate-mahogany-setup-ukulele-uke-m187

Mim will set it up perfect. Personally I'd put some fluorocarbon strings on it like Oasis, Worth Clear, or Living Water - but that's up to you. Even with different strings you're in for about $120 total

Seconded. Ohana’s “entry level” ukes are fantastic for the money imho, and Mim is an absolute joy to buy from. Half of my collection (so far...) has come from her shop, and I would/will buy from her again should my UAS resurface!

Hi,

Yours is a question that I have had in mind too but the only solution in our proposed price range appeared to be an Ortega and an Oscar Schmidt OU2P, neither grabbed me as must haves. Naomi also sell a Concert Pineapple Ukulele, the price is typically low but availability is poor - IIRC Classic Cantabile sell something that looks identical to that too. I was sure that the Ohana Jim mentioned (https://ohana-music.com/product/ohana-pkc-10-pineapple-concert-ukulele/) was no longer available but either I’m mistaken or it’s been reinstated.

I’m not sure why it might be the case but to me Ohana Ukes often seem to be priced at a premium. However, were it not for the (UK) shipping and import taxes I’d be ordering a PKC-10 for myself from Mim ....... I hope that that’s some help and encouragement to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom