The Rebel - Cheesecake Super Concert - Reviewed

bazmaz

Reaction score
I'd been slowly building up to buying this and then it was gone from the SUS site any my wallet breathed a sigh of relief - hadn't imagined you'd bought it, Baz! Looks and sounds fantastic.

Awesome review, Baz. Thank you for profiling these guys’ non-custom line. I have the “Double Crème” (solid mango, standard thickness) in the long-neck concert/small-bodied tenor size and wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the feel, build and tone.

And it’s good to hear that the thin-line are just as well made and sound great like their thicker siblings.

For those looking for high quality ukuleles with tastefully simple decoration under $1K, The Rebel “standard” models are definitely worthy of consideration wherever you can find them. HMS and Mim occasionally have some in-stock, for those shopping in the US. (Got mine from Mim)

Again, great review. Now to go eat some cheesecake for breakfast...:drool:

I'd been slowly building up to buying this and then it was gone from the SUS site any my wallet breathed a sigh of relief - hadn't imagined you'd bought it, Baz! Looks and sounds fantastic.

I didn’t - it’s on loan for the review and going back.

Thanks all - and now TOTALLY get why there was a buzz at NAMM. Worthy Buzz!

Has anyone tried the mango version of this ukulele? https://www.southernukulelestore.co...ango-super-concert-ukulele-cremebrulee-w-bag/

I'm considering purchasing it, so would welcome any comments.

Not the slimline, but we have and love the normal width mango version in our home. The sound is sweet and rich, lots of fun to play. I doubt you’ll be disappointed with it! I can send you a link to my YouTube review. (I feel weird posting it here in Baz’s review!)

Not the slimline, but we have and love the normal width mango version in our home. The sound is sweet and rich, lots of fun to play. I doubt you’ll be disappointed with it! I can send you a link to my YouTube review. (I feel weird posting it here in Baz’s review!)

Thank you for your comments. I've watched both your reviews, and they were both really helpful. :)

Top Bottom