Hello from near Windsor UK

Fyldeplayer

Reaction score
Nice to be onboard, looking forward to contributing when possible. Fretted instruments, guitar, octave mandola and bouzouki. Have been lent Soprano uke, tight but a useful start, currently 'shopping for a tenor.
David

Greetings from Derbyshire!

A welcome from me on the fringe of the Fylde.

I love those places. Because guys from https://assignmentman.co.uk/ are from there and this service helped me out a lot many times. Anyway, it's not an important issue, I just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Oh, it's pretty seldom to meet here a guy from the UK. I'm from England, live in Manchester. Ordered recently a new ukulele, checked postal code (click here to check any British postal code), and now I'm waiting for it. Hopefully, I'll have enough time to play it regularly.

Nice to be onboard, looking forward to contributing when possible. Fretted instruments, guitar, octave mandola and bouzouki. Have been lent Soprano uke, tight but a useful start, currently 'shopping for a tenor.
David

Welcome to UU and the world of Ukulele playing.

Two points:
# find and join a Ukulele club. Ask on here if you’re struggling to locate a group, there are quite a few members who are U.K. based.
# the Soprano fretboard might seem a bit tight at the moment but typically part of the reason for that is strings (not frets) that are spaced too closely together. With careful choices or a custom nut the Soprano size can be very playable.

Good luck with your Ukulele journey, it’s a wonderful instrument that can be used in soooo many different ways. :)

Hello, and welcome from Windsor Ontario.

Nice to meet you, David. Give the soprano another chance—get one with a wide nut. Hope you contribute early and often!

Welcome to the UU Forum David. You'll find other people who love to learn and play. Have fun.

Top Bottom