Great New Jazz Ukulele tutorials on YouTube - Brian Liu - BliuMusic

LPeacock

Reaction score
Hello all,
Brian Liu is a very talented ukulele player and teacher and he has just started making tutorials at his new YouTube channel, which can be found by searching YouTube for BliuMusic. He's a very modest person so I don't think he'll promote himself, but he deserves following, so I'll promote him. I first learned about him due to his collaboration with Cynthia Lin in her intermediate ukulele workshops. His methodology in explaining chord progressions/chord inversions in jazz ukulele is superb. I think anyone here who wants to learn how to play jazz ukulele will appreciate Brian's tutorials.

Linda Peacock

Last edited:
Thanks, I've been curious about jazz ukulele, this is just the nudge I needed.

I enjoyed that and learned something. I really liked his manner. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, thanks for sharing. I've watched a couple now and I've really enjoyed them.

THANKS Linda! I've been needing some jazzy stuff for transcribing and this is perfect

Brian Liu found me at the right place at the right time. I've heard it before, but this time, when Brian articulated it, it sunk in. So I started learning to play chord qualities such as maj7, m7, add6, etc., using a root on each of the strings. The result was playing all over the fret board. That was a good start and I have pursued it a bit. I am currently playing around with that famous jazz progression, rhythm changes, and I can play it smoothly. I am now trying to fill in the progression with some improvised soloing.

This is pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

I've been working through the Ukulele Jazz book and this is a really nice addition.

FYI - he recently changed the name of his YouTube channel to "Brian Teaches Music". [video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjFh8gjWwefSZinTXBwZKNA[/video]

Thanks Linda for posting that...I like playing jazz standards on the uke and this is really good stuff ! I like his style a lot !

Thank you...learning a lot...still a novice though, but working at it.

I absolutely love jazz singing and have been trying to transition jazz into my ukulele playing; thanks so much for recommending this, I'll have to check it out!

Top Bottom