Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Small Guitars

It is 1 & 7/8ths. I wanted a DHO 6 string too but they are out of stock and do not know when they will be available so I cancelled that idea. Even my wife likes the Aria Guitar. Instead of getting upset. While she was trying it out she asked about the size of the Yamaha CS40. Then she tried it - I think I just lost a guitar. It is about two inches longer than the Aria and the scale is 22 7/8 inch. Just a hair too big for me. But she likes it so the more guitars she claims the less I have which means the more I can buy, maybe!!! Wow hope that works.

Congratulations johnnysmash. It must be wonderful for you to be able to play an instrument without hand pain. Seems zztush had a good idea suggesting the Aria models. Now hopefully your plan of buying more instruments as your wife takes over yours works out for you. Well done and enjoy the new guitar
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 05-15-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Congratulations. Look forward to seeing and hearing this guitar

Congratulations johnny! You've found the best one for you. String choice may be fun for you too. :-)

Library gig at 9th June

The tag on the instrument said that this instrument was strung with SAVAREZ strings. I know Savarez strings are good ones but I do not know yet which strings are best for this guitar.

Hi, Johnny!

Small guitar strings are usually thicker in order to get enough tension for short scale. If you want to have the tension lower, just use standerd classical guitar strings.

Library gig at 9th June

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Congratulations. Look forward to seeing and hearing this guitar
    Yea........no pictures and it didn't happen........we need pictures
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I need instructions on how to upload a photo or video to this forum or a link. I am not comp lit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Cordoba has a branded set of E strings:
    https://www.stringsbymail.com/cordob...set-15514.html
    From a Cordoba Mini user, that string set is just awful. The sound feels like you are using fishing lines, not strings.

In case someone wants to tune Mini to E-E, i highly recommend looking at Hannabah 1/4 strings set, it perfectly fits Mini scale lenght and turns it into a nice standart tuned little guitar.

Oasis makes a set of all fluorocarbon baritone ukulele strings for DGBE. Just add 2 generic base strings. I have the Oasis strings arriving today and will try them on my Mini.
    Each string is 63 inches. long enough to make 2 sets per package.

Thread Information