Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Comparison of Small Guitars

So you wouldnt expect much difference between a 00 and a 000 in terms of tone?

Quote Originally Posted by Davoravo View Post
    So you wouldnt expect much difference between a 00 and a 000 in terms of tone?
    There is a noticeable difference. I own a 00 and a 000, the larger body and longer scale length make the 000 more resonant and rich sounding. The 00 is boxy and compressed sounding, not a bad thing but different.

I was in a music store today and played a Martin 00-15 and a 000-15 back to back. Same all mahogany construction just different sizes so a great test. They exhibited the same tonal differences as I described above.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information