Comparison of Small Guitars

Go to Romero Creation website , all the information is there.
The factory is in Thailand.

Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, not Thailand. You are probably thinking of KoAloha Opio and the Rebel factory which are in Thailand.

My recommendation for a ~20" scale guitar would be the Romero DH6 or Baritone 6 as well. Now Pono makes a baritone sized guilele too which is available at HMS, fretboard is more like of an electric guitar. As for a smaller budget, the Cordoba Mini or Islander GL6.

Last edited:
I am on a business trip with just a ukulele, and really miss my DHO 6. Ukuleles are nice, but are not guitars.

The 630mm scale seems to be fairly common and is often referred as "cadet" size or a parlor guitar. Ah it know tickles mah pickle and good.

Thank you to all who responded and provided information. For the time being I will just have to continue playing my Baritone Ukulele and Yamaha CS40 with drop 3 tuning and capo on second fret. Whatever I buy will not have a scale greater than 22 inches 0r 580 mm due to my physical limitations. I go to Bangkok about once a month so maybe I can fit in some shopping time.

Last edited:
I went again today to the local mall in Korat. Must have been just at the right time. The display of guitars in this mall seems to change often. Today I found a small guitar that I like and it fit my hand perfect. I played it a lot in the store and again since I got home. No pain or soreness in my hand because it is so easy to fret all of the major chords including barre chords. However the barre chords where not really clean but considering that I have never been able to play them before since my hand problems I am happy. I can see in time I will be able to play all of the chords and live without pain. The guitar I purchased today is an ARIA A-20-53. Scale is only 530mm or 21inches. Has 19 frets, 12 to the body. Not expensive. 5,200 Baht, approximately $165. A big Thank You to all of you for your suggestions. johnnysmash

It's great to hear that you found a guitar that you can play. I am curious about the width of the fretboard. It is not shown on their website.
My DHO 6 String has a 530mm scale and works perfectly for me.

It is 1 & 7/8ths. I wanted a DHO 6 string too but they are out of stock and do not know when they will be available so I cancelled that idea. Even my wife likes the Aria Guitar. Instead of getting upset. While she was trying it out she asked about the size of the Yamaha CS40. Then she tried it - I think I just lost a guitar. It is about two inches longer than the Aria and the scale is 22 7/8 inch. Just a hair too big for me. But she likes it so the more guitars she claims the less I have which means the more I can buy, maybe!!! Wow hope that works.

Congratulations johnnysmash. It must be wonderful for you to be able to play an instrument without hand pain. Seems zztush had a good idea suggesting the Aria models. Now hopefully your plan of buying more instruments as your wife takes over yours works out for you. Well done and enjoy the new guitar

Last edited:
The tag on the instrument said that this instrument was strung with SAVAREZ strings. I know Savarez strings are good ones but I do not know yet which strings are best for this guitar.

Hi, Johnny!

Small guitar strings are usually thicker in order to get enough tension for short scale. If you want to have the tension lower, just use standerd classical guitar strings.

Oasis makes a set of all fluorocarbon baritone ukulele strings for DGBE. Just add 2 generic base strings. I have the Oasis strings arriving today and will try them on my Mini.
Each string is 63 inches. long enough to make 2 sets per package.

Top Bottom