Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Small Guitars

"Twangy" was a poor choice of a word. I was thinking of the sound made by an acoustic guitar string as compared to a string on a ukulele.

I also made another mistake in my original post - I should have pointed out that I already play Guitalele. However, the Guitalele is a little too cramped for my hands and fingers. And anything over a 20 inch span is hard on my body. So I need something close to Baritone size. I can play my Kala Baritone all day and have no pain. I just need six strings.

I would like something that sounds like a guitar or as close as possible, but I cannot skip over the condition of my old body - it talks back when I over do it.

Thank you to all who have responded. More are welcome to chime in. Living in Thailand I cannot simply run down to the local store and try out the guitars, that is unless I went electric. They have stores full of electrics but few acoustics. That is why I search so much on computer and ask so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysmash View Post
    I have a Yamaha CS40 but it is slightly larger than I can handle when fretting. I am thinking something between the size of the CS40 and my Baritone with 6 strings.
    Yamaha CS40: 23inch (580mm)
    Baritone 19 inch (480mm)

Yamaha JR2 : 21inch (540mm)
    Aria AMB-JR 19 inch (480mm)

"Twangy" was a poor choice of a word. I was thinking of the sound made by an acoustic guitar string as compared to a string on a ukulele.

I also made another mistake in my original post - I should have pointed out that I already play Guitalele. However, the Guitalele is a little too cramped for my hands and fingers. And anything over a 20 inch span is hard on my body. So I need something close to Baritone size. I can play my Kala Baritone all day and have no pain. I just need six strings.

I would like something that sounds like a guitar or as close as possible, but I cannot skip over the condition of my old body - it talks back when I over do it.

Thank you to all who have responded. More are welcome to chime in. Living in Thailand I cannot simply run down to the local store and try out the guitars, that is unless I went electric. They have stores full of electrics but few acoustics. That is why I search so much on computer and ask so many questions.

DH6 is built in Thailand by Romero Creation. It’s everything you asked for here in a 20” scale length. If you visit this guitar forum under guitar video. I already posted two videos playing the DH6.
    Last edited by SoloRule; 05-01-2019 at 07:31 AM.

By all means then buy the Cordoba Mini if wanting to stay below $500. I have played it and I am sure you will enjoy it. The 20" scale length is border line long enough for EADGBE tuning. Try extra hard tension D'Addario Pro Arte carbon clasical guitar strings for more tension if needed.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thank you for the information about DH6 being built in Thailand. Now all I need is an address or telephone number. I go to Bangkok often. I assume that is where there shop would be or near there. Please provide whatever information you can. Thank you, johnnysmash

Thank you for the information about DH6 being built in Thailand. Now all I need is an address or telephone number. I go to Bangkok often. I assume that is where there shop would be or near there. Please provide whatever information you can. Thank you, johnnysmash
    Go to Romero Creation website , all the information is there.
    The factory is in Thailand.

I too own a guitar from Romero Creations; a DHO 6 String. 530mm scale. It's easy to play, and sounds great. I have a used Cordoba Mini M on the way for a travel guitar.
    The DHO 6 String is presently sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    The 20" scale length is border line long enough for EADGBE tuning. Try extra hard tension D'Addario Pro Arte carbon clasical guitar strings for more tension if needed.
    Cordoba has a branded set of E strings:
    https://www.stringsbymail.com/cordob...set-15514.html

Personally I like the feel and sound of Terz (G tuning) better on this class of instrument but standard E does work with the right strings.
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Flea soprano, C LW
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, A, EJ45LP

!Flukutronic!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Cordoba has a branded set of E strings:
    https://www.stringsbymail.com/cordob...set-15514.html

Personally I like the feel and sound of Terz (G tuning) better on this class of instrument but standard E does work with the right strings.
    Good option Jim. I am not a fan of those but they work, it's all personal.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Go to Romero Creation website , all the information is there.
    The factory is in Thailand.
    Yes, all the information is there except where the factory is located in Thailand.

I clicked on "Where to buy". Since Thailand is not listed I assume that I would have to order a guitar made in Thailand from outside of Thailand.

I live in Thailand. I want to go directly to the factory and order a guitar.

Thread Information