Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Small Guitars

They are 19 and 21 inches in scale length.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Go to Romero Creation website , all the information is there.
    The factory is in Thailand.
    Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, not Thailand. You are probably thinking of KoAloha Opio and the Rebel factory which are in Thailand.

My recommendation for a ~20" scale guitar would be the Romero DH6 or Baritone 6 as well. Now Pono makes a baritone sized guilele too which is available at HMS, fretboard is more like of an electric guitar. As for a smaller budget, the Cordoba Mini or Islander GL6.
    Last edited by Rakelele; 05-01-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

OP may looking for 19 inch scale. I only played W-50, and it was not good enough.

Gill mini nylon guitar (See below left)
    This one is 480mm in scale too. It has piezo mic, it is all solid wood and about $450.

https://catrock-guitar.com/SHOP/Gill...LONGUITAR.html

I bought stick guitar (above right) from this shop. It is very good travel guitar for me.

I am on a business trip with just a ukulele, and really miss my DHO 6. Ukuleles are nice, but are not guitars.

I think there are not many small guitars for OP. Comparison may not be so difficult.

The 630mm scale seems to be fairly common and is often referred as "cadet" size or a parlor guitar. Ah it know tickles mah pickle and good.

Thank you to all who responded and provided information. For the time being I will just have to continue playing my Baritone Ukulele and Yamaha CS40 with drop 3 tuning and capo on second fret. Whatever I buy will not have a scale greater than 22 inches 0r 580 mm due to my physical limitations. I go to Bangkok about once a month so maybe I can fit in some shopping time.
    Last edited by johnnysmash; 05-08-2019 at 01:27 AM.

I went again today to the local mall in Korat. Must have been just at the right time. The display of guitars in this mall seems to change often. Today I found a small guitar that I like and it fit my hand perfect. I played it a lot in the store and again since I got home. No pain or soreness in my hand because it is so easy to fret all of the major chords including barre chords. However the barre chords where not really clean but considering that I have never been able to play them before since my hand problems I am happy. I can see in time I will be able to play all of the chords and live without pain. The guitar I purchased today is an ARIA A-20-53. Scale is only 530mm or 21inches. Has 19 frets, 12 to the body. Not expensive. 5,200 Baht, approximately $165. A big Thank You to all of you for your suggestions. johnnysmash

It's great to hear that you found a guitar that you can play. I am curious about the width of the fretboard. It is not shown on their website.
    My DHO 6 String has a 530mm scale and works perfectly for me.

Thread Information