Greetings from WNY

D'tar

Reaction score
Hello fellow Ukulelians!!!

I'm Brett. I have recently been introduced to the madness of the ukulele! I have played guitar since I was a young boy. Play drums in a local band. I have built/repaired guitars & tube amps. Hoping now to build some ukes as well.

I have found myself with a new passion.! I have always thought of uke as a toy until recently on vacation. A friends son brought a ukulele with him. I have never even held one before. After being shown a few cords and getting familiar with the tuning I now have to have one... two... three... no... four will do to start!!!

Working within my budget I have ordered 3 Kala 15s for my three sons. and got what I feel is a great deal on a Kala KA-KCG that needs a neck repair for myself. This should calm down the UAS for a short while.

Looking forward to being a part of the forum. I'm not a heavy poster but I will be in the corner checking things out for a while!

Thanks and have a great day!

Brett

Last edited:
Welcome, Brett! I grew up in WNY and still get back there frequently. You're off to a great start!

Welcome Brett. Congrats on getting into ukuleles and getting your sons into it too. I had to google "WNY" to find out what it means. I was in Rochester a couple of times decades ago, but that's about it. You'll find plenty of great help and support here.

Welcome Brett. Congrats on getting into ukuleles and getting your sons into it too. I had to google "WNY" to find out what it means. I was in Rochester a couple of times decades ago, but that's about it. You'll find plenty of great help and support here.

Thanks for the welcome John boy! A couple decades ago!!! That's about when I was in your neck of the woods, well west coast anyway!

Top Bottom