allow me to re-introduce myself

Howlin Hobbit

Reaction score
as a senior member on the site, I'm not exactly your average new user. but it's been so long since I've been here that I thought a fresh intro would be called for.

I've been "serious" about the ukulele for 15 or so years. I still play other instruments, but uke is my main hatchet.. (it's too small to be an axe.)

I was recently doing a YouTube meander and one of the interstitial ads came on. lo! it was Aldrine talking about Ukulele University.I got to thinking about all of you and decided to see if my membership was still valid.

yep, it was and is. so I logged in not quite a week back and ended up leaving a brief message in another forum.

so here's a hello to all the folk that have joined since I've been gone, and a re-hello to any folks who're still here since I left. I'll probably not be a daily user, but I'm going to try for at least some regularity.

it's a beautiful spring day here in Lynnwood, WA, USA, and I'm alternating between chores, errands, and strumming on my sopranino. I've got most of the first two done, so I have lots of time for the strumming. I hope you are having as good a time as I am.

p.s. if I'm a senior member, do I get a discount? ;-)

Last edited:
It's great to hear from you, H.H. and to know that you are still doin' yore thang!

Welcome back.

John Colter.

Great to hear you are still around and doing well! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello! I checked out your online stuff. You are Howlin serious about the uke! Great to have you back.

Hey , I'm a fan . I've watched your youtube videos off and on for many years. Nice to see you are back .
If you havent seen this guy before you are in for a treat.
Make sure you check out "Snake Suspenderz"

Last edited:
thank you all for the nice comments! I found them last night after a particularly brutal busking day (and come to think of it, today was no freaking picnic either). they got me a little teary eyed. fortunately my sweetie is used to that.

a few specific responses...

@Ukecaster - not much selling, a bit of buying. especially 4 or so years ago when my Glyph soprano was stolen.

@Sharpshin - thanks! should be some fresh audio and/or video coming down the pipes soon.

@hoosierhiver - Mike, I think about you lots. even though I've purchased a "just in case I break a string mid-gig" backup, I've never had to use anything but Indiana (my Mainland), for any of the many plug-in gigs I've had.

UWC is still on my bucket list, but I haven't been able to work out the logistics yet.

@Pukulele Pete - thanks for plugging Snake Suspenderz (and spelling it correctly!). we're in a bit of a flux as the Snakez drummer, Andrew "Sketch" Hare, beloved friend and bandmate, passed on about a month ago.

thanks again, all!

(and how the heck do you tag people in posts/comments?)

@Ukecaster - not much selling, a bit of buying. especially 4 or so years ago when my Glyph soprano was stolen.

That is sad to hear. You were one of the first people to play a Glyph. That was a lovely instrument, although I have no doubt you could make great music on a $50 instrument!

Top Bottom