Song Help Request John Prine!

Hello In There makes me cry. So does Summer's End, but it's my favorite on the new album.

I just told Google to play Aimless Love. Got Lionel Richie Endless Love. The horror.

At least you didn't get "Tainted Love", Ziret !! Seriously, I love his song "Hello In There". Bette Midler's rendition of that one is a tear jerker, bigtime.

What? Tainted Love is way better! But sometimes I feel I've got to run away. :D

Yes, I like the Bette Midler version, too, Bill.

At least you didn't get "Tainted Love", Ziret !! Seriously, I love his song "Hello In There". Bette Midler's rendition of that one is a tear jerker, bigtime.

Love that song and that recording.

I was at Grocery Outlet (otherwise known as the store that only plays songs from before 1972 so they don't have to pay) the other day and realized I had missed Bonnie Raitt in my life for a few years.

One of my favorites is "Angel From Montgomery". Here's Bonnie Raitt and John Prine; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T5NuI6Ai-o

What a day that must have been!

I once saw John at a festival in Barrie playing solo. When he started doing Angel From Montgomery, Bonnie Raitt and Maria Muldaur came out and started singing harmony behind him. Then Arlo Guthrie came out and sat at the piano. I think John was genuinely surprised, but pleased.

When my sons were 3, 40 years ago, I was a single parent and when we'd go for a drive in the pickup, they liked me to sing songs. They'd say, "Sing that Blow Up Your TV song Papa!"
Spanish Pipe Dream and Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys were favourites.

Last edited:
@Sharpshin, @warndt, @Ziret
Thank you for the kind words.
Glad to see there are more fans of John Prine out there.
I just loved his latest album. The mailman still delivers!

@Sharpshin, @warndt, @Ziret
Thank you for the kind words.
Glad to see there are more fans of John Prine out there.
I just loved his latest album. The mailman still delivers!

I wanted to say thank you as well. I have bookmarked your site and look forward to learning a bunch of new songs. What a fabulous resource and I really appreciate you sharing it with us.

Top Bottom