Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 377 - “Say Sorry!”

homemade song, "don't say you're sorry"

lynda

we're moving like a parallelogram

Season 377 is songs that say "I'm sorry" - literally.

Marc Cohn has paid homage to his musical heroes in multiple ways, including singing about Graceland in "Walking in Memphis," and later a full album of covers called "Listening Booth: 1970." They're all great, but this song pays homage to Levon Helms of The Band, and includes the words "I'm sorry," directed to Mary, who had smooth skin and talked kinda fast. Fair warning - you'll have to get pretty far into this cover to hear the magic words. And you'll hear them in the part of the song that was hardest for me to figure out (and which I didn't, really).

Here's a Johnny Paycheck song from the mid 80's when he was really down and out, this song and others recorded then went unreleased for several years. Hadn't heard this one in a long time, stumbled on it today, and found it has "Sorry" in it!

Here's an original

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Cover of "Baby Can I Hold You" by Tracy Chapman. Sorry for the repeat, I just saw that Wim did a fine version in post 7. Hopefully this one is different enough to warrant a listen. Uke is a Martin T1K I just recently got in from another UU member, so I'm still getting used to it, and the new LW strings, on this first recording.

Last edited by Ukecaster; 05-07-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    John

Spent a very enjoyable part of my evening listening and commenting on your wonderful music - thank you all! Some great originals along with some expected and some unexpected covers. The word ‘sorry’ in all its meanings does seem to crop up more frequently than I’d ever realised, even in songs I’m pretty familiar with. Please keep ‘em coming and do let me know if I’ve missed anything off the playlist!

Had to give this a go...

i don't think sorry IS the hardest word, i managed to say it twice in this homemade song, and both times it was easy peasy

"that awful jumper"

lynda

we're moving like a parallelogram

Thread Information