Season 377 - “Say Sorry!”

That’s a ‘sorry’ way to start the season! Cool stuff guys - thanks! :)

great theme! lyrics.com tells me it can only find about 17,000 results for songs that have the word "sorry" in the lyrics................... i'm sorry but that just ISN'T good enough :mad: ;)

Well, SORRY, but I find lyrics.com very misleading and repetitive ... if you look at the first page of their selection, it seems to consist of repeats of "I'm sorry", some of which are in Chinese (Japanese?). I don't believe for a moment that they've got 17,000 results! S O R R Y ! ! !

I'd say sorry for the early post but it seems I'm not the only one so I'll say sorry for causing a kerfuffle yesterday instead.

As requested by Andy and Chris. I hope.

Edit: today is red shirt day it seems

Interesting word "sorry".Has a lot of nuances depending on context.Song I found uses it as an adjective...as in "sorry river towns".Here it is meaning "undesirable, disappointing etc".Every time I look at Mark Knopfler's solo work I find stuff I like.
Good theme Del...pleased you didn't limit it to Sorry songs from the '80's :)

This song was written in 1923, and appeared in the Marx Brothers movie, “A Night In Casablanca.” My version here is closer to the Hoosier Hot Shots version than to Connie Francis’ famous version. I added piano throughout.

Last edited:
I wonder if she's sorry...

(the partially headless camera angle is due to a bit of a move-around in our house, which has resulted in a smaller desk for me, and I am still experimenting with ways to hold the camera. And ooh look, his background has changed a bit too...)

Last edited:
My favourite Lennon song, my favourite song to play on uke and my favourite t shirt, sorry about all that. The headless camera angle is deliberate and I'm sorry that I made you cry.

Recorded by Brenda Lee when she was 16, two years after "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree." I put in an instrumental bridge instead of doing that recitation.

Hi, Del! Very nice theme and I have no regrets admitting it.

Here's a Hank Williams song I hadn't heard until today. But it's pretty cool, as basically all of his are. I played this on my Martin, thinking it was appropriate (plus I like playing my Martin).

Evening all - it’s way past bedtime here in the UK but it’s a bank holiday tomorrow so I thought I’d take advantage and stay up to listen to the first bunch of songs for this season. I had a couple of themes in mind for the week but if these are anything to go by I’m not at all sorry I chose this one! Please all check the playlist and make sure your song is there - let me know if I’ve missed it! Thank you all! :)

Well, SORRY, but I find lyrics.com very misleading and repetitive ... if you look at the first page of their selection, it seems to consist of repeats of "I'm sorry", some of which are in Chinese (Japanese?). I don't believe for a moment that they've got 17,000 results! S O R R Y ! ! !
sorry about that ;) you're right, lyrics.com does duplicate results, it could be they only found seventeen songs, but listed each one a thousand times :eek:

speaking of duplicates, i am not the first person to bring this fab song for the season, and i don't suppose i'll be the last, however i do think it warrants at least a thousand covers this week...

jealous guy

It took a ridiculous amount of time to pin this down...and it only clocked when I removed the songs signature...but at least I got one passable track before I head to bed.
Excellent theme mate.
First one I thought of.

Sneaking in under the wire for the non-"sorry" apologia.

It's pretty rough, but I wanted to get this one in given the looming restrictions. Now off to work on my version of Jealous Guy...

I asked AlanDP to put some harmony on this one by famed alternative country band The Derailers, and he surprised me by playing bass on it too! I think it came out quite well.

Top Bottom