Season 377 - “Say Sorry!”

Not even 24 hours into the season and 18 entries already - I’ve a feeling I’m gonna be a busy boy this week! Already a few early contenders for the season anthem - please don’t hesitate to bring a song that’s already been done folks - I love to hear the different approaches you take to them. Who’s sorry now? Not me! :)

Told my wife I'm writing a song for this theme. Her response?

"You'd need a whole album wouldn't you?"

Thankfully the song limit only allows for an EP :D

One from your host!

Not the first cover of this one this week and possibly not the last? I love this song - especially the Roxy Music version.

Hi, Del! (Is "Jealous Guy" becoming the theme song for the week?) I didn't think I'd have time to do anything today, but I managed to get the grass cut early and then came across this song by accident when I was looking for something else. This is the first time I've tried out my new Kala 8-string baritone.

Last edited:
We had band practice today, and yesterday I thought of this one as fitting for the current seasons theme ;). This is a U2 song called Raised by Wolves. And I am sorry for not getting our Bassplayer Peter into the movie frame.

thank you for this week Del.
an original song for the season
and featuring Kevin on electric tenor ukulele.

I did a search for "sorry" in my chord sheets folder and this is one of the songs that turned up. It's been lurking in there for several years.

Season 377 is songs that say "I'm sorry" - literally.

Marc Cohn has paid homage to his musical heroes in multiple ways, including singing about Graceland in "Walking in Memphis," and later a full album of covers called "Listening Booth: 1970." They're all great, but this song pays homage to Levon Helms of The Band, and includes the words "I'm sorry," directed to Mary, who had smooth skin and talked kinda fast. Fair warning - you'll have to get pretty far into this cover to hear the magic words. And you'll hear them in the part of the song that was hardest for me to figure out (and which I didn't, really).

Here's a Johnny Paycheck song from the mid 80's when he was really down and out, this song and others recorded then went unreleased for several years. Hadn't heard this one in a long time, stumbled on it today, and found it has "Sorry" in it!

Cover of "Baby Can I Hold You" by Tracy Chapman. Sorry for the repeat, I just saw that Wim did a fine version in post 7. Hopefully this one is different enough to warrant a listen. Uke is a Martin T1K I just recently got in from another UU member, so I'm still getting used to it, and the new LW strings, on this first recording.

Last edited:
Spent a very enjoyable part of my evening listening and commenting on your wonderful music - thank you all! Some great originals along with some expected and some unexpected covers. The word ‘sorry’ in all its meanings does seem to crop up more frequently than I’d ever realised, even in songs I’m pretty familiar with. Please keep ‘em coming and do let me know if I’ve missed anything off the playlist! :)

Top Bottom