ZT Ukuleles Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Wow -- what a striking design. Thanks for the review. I agree, it is reminiscent of those Selmer guitars that are associated with Django Reinhart and others. Very pretty.

ha ha yes. I've been properly spoilt in recent weeks... It couldn't last!

That was a great review. It made me want one. Thanks!

Baz,

How would you compare a ZT to Anuenue Moon Bird? Are they in the same "class" or completely different? Sound is what I asking about...Personally I like the look of the ZT better than the Anuenue. But the sound? I didn't turn up anyone playing one on youtube except a Baritone at the SUS and your great review.

I think the Moon Bird edges it slightly, but it's very close. I'd struggle to choose, but would probably take the price saving of the ZT. The Moonbird has a rounder fuller tone as the ZT is quite a bit brighter. But the ZT wins on volume I think. On looks too!

Incidentally, I have a ZT Baritone review coming in a few weeks too.

I think if the ZT wins on volume, brightness, price, and for me, the ZT does win on looks, then it is definitely worth considering. I look forward to your baritone review! But a soprano might hit all the buttons. Thanks Baz!

It would for me - but I'm not entirely sure he makes a soprano

It would for me - but I'm not entirely sure he makes a soprano

He does - does the same design from soprano up to baritone. No option on the website for lefties that I can see but otherwise he's got the bases covered.

Oh yeah - you are right. I missed that. Sorry.

ZT Baritone review coming this weekend. Should allow you to contrast it with the tenor. Saying that - the construction is identical!

It's worth mentioning that the tone varies depending on the wood used. Ours come in a variety of woods now for back and sides: Ziricote, Vietnamese Acacia, Maple, Indian Rosewood, Koa and Walnut.

I think the Moon Bird edges it slightly, but it's very close. I'd struggle to choose, but would probably take the price saving of the ZT. The Moonbird has a rounder fuller tone as the ZT is quite a bit brighter. But the ZT wins on volume I think. On looks too!

Incidentally, I have a ZT Baritone review coming in a few weeks too.

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that the specific ukulele that Bazmaz reviewed is for sale. I thought Zachary had sold it already. Turns out we have had it in storage since Baz's review and so its still in absolute mint condition. Even I haven't played it yet!

Any interest, please take a look at my post in the Ukuleles for Sale/Purchase forum area.

Top Bottom