Rare Bird - new Timms uke with BIN

Ukecaster

Reaction score
My UAS has gone into (temporary?) remission and that's just something I didn't need to know! Wow, a little out of my price range, but very tempting. I'd make the stretch if I was ready to buy. Good for him for getting a good price on it.

"Buy It Now" no longer in effect with three bids on it.

Auction ends today. Get your bids in! £572 when I last looked. It's worth every penny.

John Colter.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed, glennerd!
Really excited about this purchase and want to thank everyone on this forum who has been a part of the Timms fan club. Here's why:
With no background in stringed instruments (I'm a saxophone player and my wife a flute player - both back in our youth), my wife and I purchased an inexpensive Lanikai ukulele *years* ago to have an instrument around that our (then very) little ones would feel comfortable picking up and playing as a sort of introduction to instruments. Something we could have around the house without worrying about its cost if it got knocked or bumped. Fast forward about 8 years and my daughter and I are taking "daddy-daughter" lessons together now for several months. I'm still playing on that Lanikai. While I'm a *very* long way from being a good player worthy of a fine instrument, once I got the bug for upgrading, I dove deep down the hole of learning about various brands, builds, luthiers, etc. I spent many hours watching Bazz's reviews, reading on this forum, etc. I quickly fell in love with the artistry and craftsmanship of ukuleles and focused on purchasing a luthier built ukulele. While I'd love a Hawaiian built (maybe someday), I'm also keen to support solo craftsmen whenever possible. So when I saw the Timms on eBay this past week, I jumped in!
I'm well aware this instrument is above where I am as a player, but hope to grow into it. I'll appreciate it for all the right reasons as I do, and again thank everyone on this forum for their engagement and insights - many of us read and follow along without engaging (and big props to Bazz - love his site!).
Scott

And now its gone for £605 to some lucky uker. Anyone here? :)

Last edited:
Congrats! Sorry for jacking up the price for you.. we were bidding towards the end.. I wanted to try another Ken Timms to check the variation in the sound and sell one of them..
Would love to see a New Uke Day (NUD) post from you!

Ha, love it! All good. My understanding is that a Timms uke is well worth every dollar, and I think we all feel good knowing a craftsman receives value for their work!
I'll be glad to post once I have it in hand! And now, seeing your footer with your impressive collection of ukes, I'm a bit embarrassed of my modest list of a Lanikai from Amazon circa 2011, but am happy to be upgrading it with a Timms!

Congrats! Sorry for jacking up the price for you.. we were bidding towards the end.. I wanted to try another Ken Timms to check the variation in the sound and sell one of them..
Would love to see a New Uke Day (NUD) post from you!

Ha, love it! All good. My understanding is that a Timms uke is well worth every dollar, and I think we all feel good knowing a craftsman receives value for their work!
I'll be glad to post once I have it in hand! And now, seeing your footer with your impressive collection of ukes, I'm a bit embarrassed of my modest list of a Lanikai from Amazon circa 2011, but am happy to be upgrading it with a Timms!
Don’t make me feel guilty for my UAS.. ;-) we all begin somewhere.. I got hooked on a Makala Dolphin..

Yes, indeed, glennerd!
Really excited about this purchase and want to thank everyone on this forum who has been a part of the Timms fan club. Here's why:
With no background in stringed instruments (I'm a saxophone player and my wife a flute player - both back in our youth), my wife and I purchased an inexpensive Lanikai ukulele *years* ago to have an instrument around that our (then very) little ones would feel comfortable picking up and playing as a sort of introduction to instruments. Something we could have around the house without worrying about its cost if it got knocked or bumped. Fast forward about 8 years and my daughter and I are taking "daddy-daughter" lessons together now for several months. I'm still playing on that Lanikai. While I'm a *very* long way from being a good player worthy of a fine instrument, once I got the bug for upgrading, I dove deep down the hole of learning about various brands, builds, luthiers, etc. I spent many hours watching Bazz's reviews, reading on this forum, etc. I quickly fell in love with the artistry and craftsmanship of ukuleles and focused on purchasing a luthier built ukulele. While I'd love a Hawaiian built (maybe someday), I'm also keen to support solo craftsmen whenever possible. So when I saw the Timms on eBay this past week, I jumped in!
I'm well aware this instrument is above where I am as a player, but hope to grow into it. I'll appreciate it for all the right reasons as I do, and again thank everyone on this forum for their engagement and insights - many of us read and follow along without engaging (and big props to Bazz - love his site!).
Scott

Hey, that's awesome! And for the record, despite being tempted to bid, I wasn't one of the ones driving up the price! :p

Thanks. And no worries! While I don't expect to part with this instrument anytime soon, I expect they are well worth the price, likely to be in low supply and high demand for some time, and was prepared with a higher bid were it necessary! :)
Will be curious to see how forthcoming Timms eBay auctions go!
Really nice to "meet" you all and thanks for sharing in the fun of the day!

Hey, that's awesome! And for the record, despite being tempted to bid, I wasn't one of the ones driving up the price! :p

Something you don't see every day on eBay, a brand new Timms soprano with Buy It Now (BIN). Usually they are straight auctions, with no BIN capability. A pretty penny to be sure, but if you just gotta have one... a Cuban beauty to be sure.

Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/273834225767

By the time I saw it there was no BIN option, or I would have probably jumped on it.
I have been wanting a Timms more and more.

What was the BIN price before it was taken down?

Believe it might have been 600 pounds, close to winnng bid price

Congratulations, smc1107! I'm sure you are going to love your new acquisition. As the proud owner of two Timms ukes, I know how special they are.

John Colter.

It is indeed! And for a Buy It Now price I’d have gladly paid in the last auction - but by the time I saw the listing it already had enough bids that BIN was no longer an option. Since that’s basically where last one wound up, seems a good option for anyone interested in acquiring a Timms!

The TimmsBrag. After following the Timms posts over the Northern Winter its good to see such a good result.
While you are reading this, the next Timms Uke may be listed on eBay.

Top Bottom