Moon Birds - including soprano - have landed at HMS

I saw this... I think if it’s up later today I’m buying it. I actually kinda hope it’s gone;)

Jerry how was the setup and playability? I don’t have a local shop I trust yet to do a setup.

I thought it was fine. A friend bought an identical one from someone else, and I want to compare them. The sound is beautiful.

Just ordered a U900 Baby uke that Austin linked to... too cute!

I have the aNueNue solid khaya soprano and I love it. They seem to make quality ukes that sound great.

Haha, it's more than double the cost of the uke I really want right now (Ken Timms) and I'm not getting that one either, so I'll pass too. I'll just have to settle for the Anuenue with the Rabbit soundhole to go with my profile pic. :p

I ordered Anuenue moon bird concert from Ukulele movement in Singapore last week when they have store wide sale. I will be in Singapore this weekend to pickup the uke. This is will be my first time to buy higher end uke without personally test it.

I ordered Anuenue moon bird concert from Ukulele movement in Singapore last week when they have store wide sale. I will be in Singapore this weekend to pickup the uke. This is will be my first time to buy higher end uke without personally test it.

Congrats on your moon bird. Well my local uke shop is that Ukulele Movement. I have tried the moon bird concert while in shop and it’s loud! It’s well setup but you may want to strum lightly. It’s the wake the dead kind of loud.

I’m glad I stumbled on the HMS listing now rather than earlier...my UAS needs no more fuel for right now, especially with two ukes still on the way...

Still, that concert...:drool:

Haha, caught my interest because I'm all about the sopranos, but oddly I see the Moon Bird as something you'd get in a tenor size. But then I'm not a tenor guy so what do I know? :p

I'm excited to try the soprano. I like them in all sizes, but was shocked by how much more I loved the concert-sized uke.

I thought it was fine. A friend bought an identical one from someone else, and I want to compare them. The sound is beautiful.

Thanks for the info. I resisted UAS successfully. I will be waiting on purchasing a Moon Bird... for at least a month :)

One of those Moon Bird Tenors will be flying my way in about 9-14 business days. :cool:

Congrats on your moon bird. Well my local uke shop is that Ukulele Movement. I have tried the moon bird concert while in shop and it’s loud! It’s well setup but you may want to strum lightly. It’s the wake the dead kind of loud.

Thank you, I really like uke with good projection. Let's see if it is louder than my blackbird clara or koaloha.

Tjien

Thank you, I really like uke with good projection. Let's see if it is louder than my blackbird clara or koaloha.

Tjien

Agreed. My soprano KoAloha is like the teenager singing at the top of their lungs while wearing air pods. The downside is at my uke club, everyone can hear my mistakes :rolleyes:

One of those Moon Bird Tenors will be flying my way in about 9-14 business days. :cool:

Yes Steedy....way to go, great score. I will look forward to your NUD and excellent pictures

@tijen....congrats as well and I look forward to seeing and hearing yours at our regular Uke Jam

Last edited:
Wow, that was fast. They're all gone!
If I played soprano, I would have had major UAS for that soprano. I liked the sound sample, and it sure was cute.

If people here have Moon Birds flying their way, enjoy them!

Wow, that was fast. They're all gone!
If I played soprano, I would have had major UAS for that soprano. I liked the sound sample, and it sure was cute.

If people here have Moon Birds flying their way, enjoy them!

I’ll post the NUD when it arrives. ;)

Tbh, the fact that I don’t already have a nice soprano to play in regular rotation was part of my final decision to pull the trigger. I am not a fan of holding a normal double-bout soprano shape, and was likely going to grudgingly invest in a KoAloha LN soprano at some point soon, so I saw this as a more unique and interesting option that was also way more eye candy to look at and way more exciting to me personally. :shaka:

Top Bottom